Kanye West Rides With Soulja Boy In Verbal Beef With Ice-T

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Last week, a radio interview hit the net in which veteran gangsta rapper Ice-T is heard dissing teen rapper Soulja Boy, basically his music is "garbage."

Ice's comments prompted a self-recorded response by Soulja Boy posted on YouTube, where he calls Ice-T "old as f***" and claims that Ice-T called him out strictly as a publicity stunt.

It was one of the main topics of discussion last week, and everyone was up on it, even Kanye West who commented on it via his official blog.

It was shocking to us when we read that Kanye says he's riding with Soulja Boy here.

In his blog, he salutes the teen rapper for his innovation in creating a new sound and dance with his hit song "Crank That" last year, and compares him to New York rap legend Nas.

"Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip-hop is supposed to be," West wrote on his blog. "He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain't hip-hop then what is?"

"That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning ... that's Nas level sh**," West continued.

As for veterans like Ice-T dissing a young rapper such as Soulja Boy, Kanye had an opinion about that too.

"A bunch of wannabe 'keep it real' rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples, trying to act like it's 96 again, and all they do is hate on new sh**?" West asked. "N****s always talk about the golden age, but for a 13-year-old kid, this is the golden age!"

While many fans and rappers alike have called for some originality and stoppage of what some deem as "corny" from new artists such as Soulja Boy, West encouraged the newcomers to keep their music "fresh and original" and stated that there "ain't no f***in' rules to this sh** and that's what real hip-hop is to me."

Source: BallerStatus.com

raywaters11

Well we could all say were doing our own thing, that doint mean he aint wack.
i never said he's not whack... he's makin money, he's got the attention of the world, he's being compared to legends by a legend, he's rich as hell and we're talkin bout him online. love him or hate him, he's livin the dream. cant really dog on someone for that... you'd do the same thing.

I

Iron

Wtf?

Kanye needs to sit his gay ass down on top of John Legend's dick and shut up. Ice-T is a legend and w/o him, people like Snoop Dogg and NWA would not even existed. Where does Kanye come in thinking that he can even disrespect Iceberg Slim and especially for Souljah Girl? What even happened to Kanye making those lame beats? Producers, if I can even call Kanye that, should stick to producing because at the the end of the day, Kanye is not an MC, he is a rapper who only cares about money. Kanye called Lil Wayne the best for fu*ks sake, but now he's comparing a little boy to the Great Nas- that's BLASPHEMY, homie!

raywaters11

i think kanye is one of the best rappers in the game... and the most underrated mainstream rapper ever.

souljah boy is different.. his music is terrible. no arguing that. YAHH TRICK YAHH... ?

But Ice T is no longer relevant, it'd be better if he realized this. Things that were controversial in the 80's are mondane now. Like 'Ye said, T is stuck in 96. Cop Killer, turned Cop on Law And Order. Which, by the way, is one of the worst shows ever.

"A bunch of wannabe 'keep it real' rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples, trying to act like it's 96 again, and all they do is hate on new sh**?" West asked. "N****s always talk about the golden age, but for a 13-year-old kid, this is the golden age!"

look at the bold. read it real good.

now does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this?

4life22

b 4 real

man b 4 real....kanye of all people to talk shit to Ice-T, get da fuck outta here....kanye cn ride wit soulja boy who gives a fuck. both of them i respect gettn that money but on some real shit they both garbage as artist especially when you cry like a bitch to get an award....on some street shit i would'nt want either of them 2 on ma team...aammm ride wit dat nigga Ice-T all day....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.