Kanye West premieres new music, 80% Done with new Jay-Z album, ...

Kanye West followed a rather chaotic set from the reunited Wu-Tang Clan with a show that he admitted didn't really begin until midway through. Fans of Kanye's personality — and aren't we all? — still were entertained, however, as he spent the first half complaining about his new lighting guy ("You must not have studied your notes"), guiding his DJ through an oral history of his work as a producer and boasting about his in-the-works album, Graduation.

Kanye said he wasn't allowed to play any of the new music, but he rapped a cappella what seemed to be an entire song, calling himself "Gnarls Barkley mixed with Charles Barkley." "How am I supposed to stand out now when everybody get dressed up," he rapped later. "At the Grammys that tuxedo might've been a little Guido/ But with my ego/ I could stand there in a Speedo."

West also announced he's 80 percent done with another project. "I can't say who it is, but you all know."

Expect Jay-Z's first single from his album out in September if all goes as planned.

Source: http://www.musicns.com

PuffnScruff

interesting news.

ive been calling it since the black album, jay will drop his next album about 2 years after the black album. it wasnt hard to see it coming, and a lot of people doubted it then and still doubt it now. its all a game and its all about making money

roaches

I can't see Jay-Z having an album 80% produced by one person.

ive been calling it since the black album, jay will drop his next album about 2 years after the black album
You realize it's closer to three years now, right?

PuffnScruff

roaches said:
I can't see Jay-Z having an album 80% produced by one person.

You realize it's closer to three years now, right?
yes but i had always said two years in the past. even though it is past the two years mark its still pretty close even if it is a year later instead of 6 years later.

PuffnScruff

roaches said:
I meant to add, it's probably Common or something.
that could be and it would be very out of the ordinary for jay-z to have an album with just one producer.

but west did say at the start of the year he was going to produce jay-z's next album

but it could start to be a new trend, we have seen it more and more over the past few years, just one artist and one producer

roaches

He never said he was going to exclusively produce it. And everybody and their mother has been saying they're producing Jay-Z's next album. It's the worst-kept secret in hip-hop. They must've kept in Superhead's cavernous cunt.

roaches said:
He never said he was going to exclusively produce it. And everybody and their mother has been saying they're producing Jay-Z's next album. It's the worst-kept secret in hip-hop. They must've kept in Superhead's cavernous cunt.
lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.