Kanye West, Jay-Z And 50 Cent Set For Battle

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Three of the world's biggest rap stars – Kanye West, Jay-Z and 50 Cent could be involved in one of the biggest chart battles of all time with their albums all scheduled to be released in early December.

According to online retailers Amazon and Play, the fourth studio album from Kanye West – 808's & Heartbreak, will be released on December 15, the same date as the fourth studio album Before I Self Destruct, is released from 50 Cent.

Jay-Z's eleventh studio album, titled The Blueprint 3 and produced by Kanye West, will be released on December 8.

Source: Albumvote.co.uk

Its obvious Jay and Ye' will out-sell Fiddy. There's alot of hate for him. I think if Em' and Dre was more involved with Fiddy's album then it could of been a tighter race. But i'll most likely be coppin' Fiddy's album cuz i feel what he has to say is more relevant. And plus his history is a big part of his musical style. I dig that alot! Muthafucka's hard. I dont even know what the fuck Jay-Z is trying to say most the time even though some of his shit is classic. And Kanye, well lets just say it was'nt his style of shit that got me into Hip-Hop/Rap in the first place. 3 big heavy-hitterz, one prize. If i was gambling, i'd bet against Fiddy winning this one. Its gonna be a "Roc-a-fella" victory no doubt.

Pe3ce

I dont think we'll get a true estimate of who sells more... This is a contest of who buys more of their own record

Da_Funk

Kanye will sell the most having a shitty album

Jayz will come in 2nd having a good album.

50 will have a shitty album and come in third.

You will get 50s album because you fell that what he has to say is more relevant, lol, like whats going on in the "candy shop" this year!

Candy Shop was a worldwide main-stream record, it was intended to be a chart topper and thats why he made that particular track. Im a street dude and nothin' comes harder at me than a fiddy track out of the 3 of them. Candy shop was a track for the clubs, and it still tears it up when its dropped. It aint my individual fav. track out of his catalogue but i can see why it was appealing and why it was a big hit. Out of all the multi-million net-worth rappers out there, he's the hardest. Between him, Diddy and Jay - fiddy is the dude who hits the streets the hardest. And thats why for me, dude's on point.
Jay-Z is a legend no doubt, too many years in the rap game and too many units shifted to go un-noticed. But his rapping delivery is what makes him what he is. He aint no street dude.

Pe3ce

You know, I could be wrong but... I know, I know, he's been delaying since 2004... Isn't The Detox supposed to drop at the end of this year? How can that not be on this list? My vote goes to Kanye of the 3 but only b/c he beat 50 last time and although Jay-Z is one of my more favored crime boss-style rappers, I think Kanye appeals to the hip-pop kids and they'll buy his stuff like candy.

E

ebZ

Lol

"crime boss style rappers," "Jay-Z has some classics but fell off," what're you guys blowing rocks. mixtapetorrent.com, get your game right before you start talking about what you obviously don't. it's stupid to argue opinion seeing as how everyone is different, but LOL. Jay-Z scorches the charts EVERY SUMMER FOR THE PAST 10 years. BILLBOARD.com... jesus christ... i read these posts u guys talk like your opinions are fact.

Dude - This is a discussion board. If its stupid to argue opinion then half the posts in discussion boards should be written-off. Dont get worked up about it, state your opinion and argue your own case behind that opinion. I dont shit on other people opinions, i enjoy counter-attacking them without the need to get violent or offensive. Your word aint the final word and neither is your opinion worth a single dime or penny. Now thats a fact !

Pe3ce

Randomthug - i think because Kanye has wider appeal because of his pop style records his album will definitly be a bigger commercial success. Fiddy will water down about 2-3 tracks at the most just to add a little balance and show he is versatile as a rapper. Kanye couldnt bang out a street record - He's a clever writer/producer but thats about it.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with ya, Kanye doesn't do gangsta, he does what people want to hear and that's definately true because he does make the big commercial successes. I'd just like 50 to do something more like well, more like Ski Mask Way, I'm Gonna Die Tonight, that harder stuff he's known for. His versatility is well known cause of Candy Shop and other stuff. Course, how many rappers made money on their movies too? I like 50, I just like his harder stuff better ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.