Kanye West is too popular

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kanye West is finding it hard to carve out enough time for all of the projects on his plate, including a comeback single for Michael Jackson.

West spoke to MTV.com about his most high-profile gig of late, the theme song for Mission: Impossible III.

"I didn't have enough time to make it the way I make it," West said about the song, titled "Impossible." The track features West, Twista and the newest signee to Kanye's Good Music imprint, Keyshia Cole.

"If you notice, I don't do as many beats for people because I don't have enough time to make it how I make it," he said. "My beats is a whole new art form now. It's not just a 15-minute joint. It's not that fast-food shit. You can tell 'Impossible' took hours."

West said he took a leftover track from Twista’s album to use for Impossible, which is separate from his reworking of the infamous Mission: Impossible theme song.

"It's hard," he said of the latter. "Like some DMX-sounding shit. I chopped up the 'bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp,' but I couldn't think of no verse for it, so it's just an instrumental."

West said he’s looking forward to a possible collaboration with the King of Pop, if their busy schedules will ever allow it. The Grammy-winning artist is currently producing Common’s next album, Finding Forever, which he predicts will win the Grammy for Rap Album of the Year in 2007.

"You will be happy with Finding Forever,’" he said. "We're halfway done. We're going to be dropping in September, and the first single is going to be called 'The Glory.' I'm just excited. I want to scream it from the top of the mountaintop."

SonOf2pac

as long as Finding Forever has more than 12 tracks and none are live it will sell better than Be... Be was a good album but it was just too short...

ArtsyGirl

I got a whole new level of respect for Kanye after seein him live, the guy has an amazing live show, he played Impossible but I couldnt really feel it since it was the first time hearin it, the MJ callab should be interesting at the least, and Commons album will be hot.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.