Kanye West explains MTV Europe VMA episode

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Last Friday, Kanye West reportedly called MTV News to explain his version of events at the MTV Europe Music Video Awards in Denmark, where he jumped on stage cursing and expressing outrage over his "Touch the Sky" clip losing for best video to Justice vs. Simian’s "We Are Your Friends."

He said his actions were not a publicity stunt – adding that he had nothing to publicize because his next album isn’t due until late next year. He also said that people mistook his on-stage tirade as a dis, when in fact, he has no ill will toward Justice or Simian (two different groups: the song is Justice's remix of a 2002 Simian song).

Backstage, he even joined the directors of "We Are Your Friends" for the press rounds, which sparked early rumors that the entire episode was an inside joke between the two acts.

In yet another interview with MTV News on Monday, Kanye responded to all of the negative press that has exploded in the wake of his actions. He made particular mention of the media’s criticism of his decision to use profanity during a televised award show.

"People were cursing throughout the whole night," West told MTV News via phone from Australia (where he's on tour with U2). "It was encouraged. I know how to use proper English. I was more offended that the press had the audacity to think I wouldn't know when to curse."

West, who was seated next to Sean "Diddy" Combs in the front row before rushing on stage, said he can’t understand why folks were so shocked at his behavior.

"People were so surprised at what I did," West said. "I'm more surprised people thought I had changed."

hes such a fucking geek. He tries so hard to be crazy and brazen, but someone needs to tell kanye west hes really a tool and he comes off looking like someone trying too hard everytime.

kanye west is not cool, hes not "outspoken", hes not a rebel, hes just a nerd who thinks too much of himself.

JDeez

He said his actions were not a publicity stunt – adding that he had nothing to publicize because his next album isn’t due until late next year.
Exactly. He doesn't have an album to release until next year. So how do you stay in the spotlight since your album was last years news?

I really dig his music. Too bad he's such a douche bag.

ArtsyGirl

k69atie said:
maybe - but he is shit in concert - cos he is so full of himself he feels like he doesn't need to make the effort.
That musta just been for the UK shows coz in Adelaide he rocked it even with a broken ankle.. But as far as the MTV thing, meh.. Probably spiced the night up, hopefully they dont cut it when they air it here.

k69atie

SicC's Love
artisticgurl said:
That musta just been for the UK shows coz in Adelaide he rocked it even with a broken ankle.. But as far as the MTV thing, meh.. Probably spiced the night up, hopefully they dont cut it when they air it here.
he was crap, arrogant and boring!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.