Which Album??

• The College Dropout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late Registration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shot 21

The College Dropout or Late Registration? I cant decide! TCD had great song like Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Dow (ft Jay Z + J Ivy) and Two Words (ft Mos Def + Freeway). LR had great songs like Diamonds From Sierre Leone (and the remix ft Jay Z), Roses and We Major (ft Nas + Really Doe).

Vote which one you like the best.

Big Flipp

My vote goes to Late Registration. Both are solid from top to bottom but I feel Late Registration says more and I personally think the beats are tighter.

DPG iz all I C

I cant choose between them, both great albums.

P.S on a sidenote i was trying to make a Kanye "greatest hits" the other day and everytime i tried to decide on a tracklist it would end up about 25 songs, just too many to choose from.

linx

Staff member
College Dropout by a fucking longshot. It has great songs on it and the guest spots on that album are ALOT better than the ones on Late Registration. The song Diamonds is dope, but besides that the cd isn't great.

College dropout has quality throughout, including the listed above unreleased material from the album and it also has several top 5 singles on it (UK). CD just gets it for me. Also Kweli collaboration on the first album is seriously sh*t hot.

College dropout cuz i dunno the quality of the beats r awesome but theres a few beauties on LR but CD gets my vote shit like Two Words thats dope.. Family Buisness? i think thats on there, its worth d/l'in the advancement aswell u got a few good versions of tracks on there like he does a parody of Falls Down were he speaks it like a stand-up comic pretty good 8/10 CD and 6/10 LR i want impressed with it all that much.

TCD

LR just.
Both brilliant albums. I'd say TCD has no bad tracks the worst track on the disk imo is Breathe In Breathe Out although I do actually like that track but I feel although LR does have a bad song and a very average one the good songs are just that bit better.

The good thing about the albums is that Kanye didn't make TCD volume 2. LR isn't trying to replicate TCD so it's harder to say which is better as they have different feels.

P.S Is "Graduation" dropping next year?

linx

Staff member
Good, I was hoping College Dropout would win the poll. I just don't see how any Kanye fan can like Late Registration more to be honest. College Dropout had great production, great guest spots and great songs overall. The cd was fucking great and it still is. Family Business, Never Let Me Down, Through The Wire, Slow Jamz, Last Call, Jesus Walks, Get Em High, Two Words and even All Falls Down. I didn't like All Falls Down too much, but the rest are all great songs. The best is probably Never Let Me Down with Jay, that song is just amazing. But I love Family Business and Slow Jamz and Through The Wire are both dope as hell too. No songs on Late Registration are fucking with any of these songs, with the exceptions of Diamonds.

PuffnScruff

the thing i really like about the production on LR is that it was different. kanye never really used live instrumentaion before. it took his production to a whole new level. he knows he is one of the hottest producer of all time, he could have done that whole album by his self. but he didnt. he brought in other producers, like just blaze, his own cousin, and maroon 5 guy. to me that says alot.

it's really hard for me to pick between the two.

i voted "college dropout", mainly because the first time i heard it i thought it was great, and with late registration" it took me a few listens to even enjoy it.

its linx! said:
Good, I was hoping College Dropout would win the poll. I just don't see how any Kanye fan can like Late Registration more to be honest. College Dropout had great production, great guest spots and great songs overall. The cd was fucking great and it still is. Family Business, Never Let Me Down, Through The Wire, Slow Jamz, Last Call, Jesus Walks, Get Em High, Two Words and even All Falls Down. I didn't like All Falls Down too much, but the rest are all great songs. The best is probably Never Let Me Down with Jay, that song is just amazing. But I love Family Business and Slow Jamz and Through The Wire are both dope as hell too. No songs on Late Registration are fucking with any of these songs, with the exceptions of Diamonds.
I'd say Gone is pretty much up there with any song on both albums.

TCD

DPG iz all I C said:
I'd say Gone is pretty much up there with any song on both albums.
I agree.
Song for song for me it's. Out of 5

We Don't Care 4.5
Spaceship 5
All Falls Down 4
Jesus Walks 4.5
Never Let You Down 4.5
Get em High 4 (Common rips this track)
The New Workout Plan 3
Slow Jamz 4.7
Breathe In Breathe Out 3.5
School Spirit 4.3
Two Words 4.7
through The Wire 4.5
Family Business 4.5
Las Call (before the spoken part) 4.2

But the skits truly sucked.
LR

Heard em Say 4.5
Touch the Sky 4
Gold Digger 4
Drive Slow 4.5
My Way Home 4
Crack Music 5
Roses 4
Bring Me Down 4
Addiction 2
Diamonds remix 4.5
We Major 4.5
Hey Mama 4
Celebration 3
Gone 5
Diamonds 4.7
Late 4.3
We Can Make it Better 4

Although yet to do the Math I just feel LR that bit more, although it took me a while to get into it. And the skits didn't suck this time around. Although I can see how some Kanye fans would prefer Tha Dropout.

TCD said:
Addiction 2
^ Can't say I agree with that

I can't really choose between the two because they've got completely different vibes. It really depends on the mood I'm in. Kanye's lyrics were better on TCD based on structure and diction, but on LR WHAT he was saying was better than on TCD. The beats on TCD really stuck to his formula with the sped up R&B samples whereas on LR he took it in a completely different direction with slowing down the beats and having the vocals stay at the same pace as on the OG they were from.

I'm gonna vote for LR, but not because the songs were better, but simply because it was a better use of my time when I first heard it. I say that because I got a conventional Hip Hop album with TCD while LR gave me "new-age" type shit I was looking for at the time. Also, the skits on TCD are, for the most part, pretty whack. Broke Phi Broke on LR had be laughing my ass off.

Late Registration

TCD

MATW95 said:
^ Can't say I agree with that

I can't really choose between the two because they've got completely different vibes. It really depends on the mood I'm in. Kanye's lyrics were better on TCD based on structure and diction, but on LR WHAT he was saying was better than on TCD. The beats on TCD really stuck to his formula with the sped up R&B samples whereas on LR he took it in a completely different direction with slowing down the beats and having the vocals stay at the same pace as on the OG they were from.

I'm gonna vote for LR, but not because the songs were better, but simply because it was a better use of my time when I first heard it. I say that because I got a conventional Hip Hop album with TCD while LR gave me "new-age" type shit I was looking for at the time. Also, the skits on TCD are, for the most part, pretty whack. Broke Phi Broke on LR had be laughing my ass off.

Late Registration

I agree with everything you said, apart from the first part. IMO Addiction is the worst song Kanye has ever made along with Bonnie & Clyde 05

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.