Kanye teams up with Chris Martin; falls out with Jamie Foxx?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kanye West and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin reportedly recorded a song earlier this week that may appear on the rapper’s upcoming third album, Graduation.

According to Virgin’s Newswire, the pair laid down the track at London's Abbey Road Studios while Kanye was in town working on the theme song to Mission Impossible 3. The two artists reportedly set up a playdate after West took in the band’s show.

"Kanye didn't mind [his studio session] being interrupted and after Coldplay's show, Chris joined him in the recording booth for a jamming session," a source told Virgin's Newswire. "They did a track together which sounded amazing. Fingers crossed it will see the light of day."

Meanwhile, Us Weekly is reporting that Kanye and his “Gold Digger” partner Jamie Foxx got into a disagreement at Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy party over how to perform the song that night in front of industry folk.

"Kanye didn't agree with Jamie on how he wanted to do it,” a witness told the magazine. "Kanye walked out of the party, but returned after 15 minutes, out of respect for Clive."

The duo ended up performing together at the party. Afterwards, Foxx was seen hugging rappers Snoop Dogg and Ludacris, who also performed with him that night, but noticeably snubbed West, who walked off the stage and out of the Beverly Hills venue.

As the world witnessed, Foxx and West teamed up again the next night for a memorable performance of the song on the Grammys. Both were dressed as marching band leaders joined by the Florida A&M University marching band.

According to Kanye, expect Graduation to drop in December.

TCD

Pittsey said:
According to Kanye, expect Graduation to drop in December.
Very good news although both his albums have came out months after Kanye said they would. I reckon it'll come out Feb '07

_carmi

me, myself & us
i'd like to hear the song with chris martin. i like kanye's style. he's original. hopefully next album with be released in the first half of 2007 and be a good album to listen to

SonOf2pac

i don't understand how u can know what your album is gonna be called years before it's release...

College Dropout (Scheduled for Nov-Dropped Feb)
Late Registration (Scheduled for May-Dropped Aug)
Graduation (Scheduled for Dec-?March?)
Good Ass Job ?

We can not but have lil' squabbles as friends but we have to try to overcome our differences always. I don't see this generating into a mainstream beef.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.