Kanye, Just Blaze, Primo, Dr. Dre, Timbo to produce Nas Def Jam LP, says Jigga?

7 Syns

Despite his craving for a slice of the rap pie, President Carter has resisted his urges as an emcee, and is instead ready to put all his efforts behind former rival, Nas’ new album, in a joint distribution deal with Sony.

Speaking on what the icebreaker was that brought the two former rivals together, Jay said, “That was Mark Pitts, who used to manage Biggie and now manages Nas. He arranged that meeting. He’s a friend of mine and said, ‘Will you sit down with Nas?’ I said, ‘Yeah, no problem, of course’, because… there’s always been a respect thing. I’m sure he probably went to Nas and said, ‘Would you sit down with Jay?’ He probably Don King’d the whole thing. I didn’t even ask him that,” he laughed.

So, with all the talk of Nas’ new album, can fans expect a Hov/Esco collabo? “We gonna be in the studio working, so we’ll see what happens,” he said coyly. “I just don’t want to do nothing forced. I been through that before with Best of Both Worlds [his two collaboration albums with R. Kelly]… But I’m telling you, we’re gonna be in the studio and I’m sure the vibe is going to be right. If I had to place some money on it – and I’m a betting man – I would bet on it.”

According to President Carter, producers Just Blaze and Kanye West will get first shot at Nas’ album, before Jigga takes it outside the camp to beatmakers like Timbaland, Dr Dre and DJ Premier.

”I’mma give everybody a shot, new producers. I’m accustomed to working with new dudes who got that sound. Hopefully we’ll find a new Kanye, a new Just. But I’m going to Just and Kanye first,” Hov said.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3851
--

I hope the album doesn't get forced out.

peace.

PuffnScruff

there better be some songs produced by remi and les as well.

sounds cool, still would rather the next nas album to be produced by dj premier. but oh well , new nas album is good enough for me

7 Syns

Rukas said:
Bah fuck that, Id rather they just dropped an album produced by Primo and Large Prof.
I'd rather Nas and Pete Rock sort out their differences (Nas forgave Jigga after Jigga hit his ex but at the same time he hasn't forgiven Pete?) and get back making timless music a/la The World Is Yours.

peace.

Hallbanger said:
timbaland+nas=awkward (To My)

premier+nas=eargasmic (Nas is Like)

the song he did with Timbo/Aaliyah was fire though off of I Am...but Nas is Like...his best lyrical performance over a Primo beat (next to of course NYState of Mind)

I Still want the Nas/Primo collab b4 any Def Jam junk too bad its not lookin like it will happen

^^^ i do to. nas/primo has to be the greatest sounding pairing of a mc and producer i have ever heard. greatest producer of all time IMO and the 2nd greatest mc of all time IMO who just happen to have incredible chemistry. damn. something should be done to keep this project alive. maybe we should start another pointless petition that goes nowhere, like the old ones we used to do for the one nation album.

TCD

I don't think they will force things if it doesn't have the chemistry.

btw it's been a long while since Nas and Premo have put something out. They've both changed as artists and producers, whose to say they'd still have that fire if it did come out I bet it would dissapoint alot of people.

_carmi

me, myself & us
TCD said:
I don't think they will force things if it doesn't have the chemistry.

btw it's been a long while since Nas and Premo have put something out. They've both changed as artists and producers, whose to say they'd still have that fire if it did come out I bet it would dissapoint alot of people.
so true. it could be a disapointment anbd then everyobdy would hate on nas like they did on em after encore when he disapointed everybody. high expectations = disapointment

ARon

^Great artists bring the best out of each other, disappointment, doubtful.
I don't see why everyone goin all crazy like this Nas and Preme album was supposed to happen all soon. They were talking about a new Nas album before Preme was ever in the picture(even though they go hand in hand).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.