Kanye and Pharrell hook up for track "Number 1."

There's plenty of comparisons to be drawn between Kanye West and Pharrell Williams. They're two of the most acclaimed producers in hip-hop, for one thing. They both embarked on recording careers after establishing themselves behind the boards. And let's not forget their dapper fashion styles, either, which are noted at virtually every event they attend.

But if the two have been competing all this time, it's time to end the contest: The titans came together over the weekend in Miami to shoot Pharrell's new video, "Number 1."

The video is said to revolve in part around Pharrell's Billionaire Boys Club clothing line. The song was produced by Pharrell under his "Skateboard P" alter-ego, while Kanye chipped in with guest raps.

"Number 1" is the next video from Pharrell's long-delayed In My Mind LP. Late last year, he had the banger "Can I Have It Like That" with Gwen Stefani, when his album was originally slated for a February 2006 release.

Other In My Mind records have surfaced on mixtapes and online — such as "Mamacita" with Daddy Yankee and "Angel" while the LP has been on hold. According to a spokesperson for Pharrell, he has recorded three to four new songs and is now eyeing a July 25 release date for the record, which will also feature guest spots by Nelly and Slim Thug.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.