Juvenile to boost troops morale

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
New Orleans rapper Juvenile will try to boost the morale of military units along the Pacific with a string of performances in support of his latest album, Reality Check.

Tomorrow (June 30), the artist will kick off Bayfest Hawaii 2006 at Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay on the island of Oahu. He’ll headline the festival's opening night, performing on the main stage at 9:15 p.m. The annual event, sponsored by Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Ohana Hotels & Resorts, Hot 93.9 FM and KHVH News Radio 830 AM, will run from June 30 through July 4 and is open to both Marine personnel and the public.

From Hawaii, Juvenile jumps to South Korea for a handful of performances at United States Army Bases including Camp Casey, Yongsan Garrison, Camp Walker, Camp Red Cloud, and Camp Humphreys. Rap group YoungBloodZ will join Juvenile on four of the dates. The performances are all free events for Army personnel and ID holders only.

• Here is the full itinerary:

June 30 Bayfest Hawaii 2006 Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

July 4 Camp Casey Tongduchon, South Korea

July 7 Yongsan Garrison Seoul, South Korea*

July 8 Camp Walker Daegu, South Korea*

July 9 Camp Red Cloud Uijongbu City, South Korea*

July 11 Camp Humphreys Pyongtaek, South Korea*

(*) = Performing with YoungBloodZ

What in the world do the two things mentioned above have to do with eachother at all? Good for him. Maybe he is thanking the troops for their response to hurricane katrina. Thousands of U.S. troops were deployed to help in disaster recovery and were there to give help and save lives before lame FEMA even knew what happened.

JamBox5000 said:
What in the world do the two things mentioned above have to do with eachother at all? Good for him. Maybe he is thanking the troops for their response to hurricane katrina. Thousands of U.S. troops were deployed to help in disaster recovery and were there to give help and save lives before lame FEMA even knew what happened.
First he blamed his own country (with the reason) and then he went to entertain their troops which torture innocent people around the world...

troublesome2004 said:
First he blamed his own country (with the reason) and then he went to entertain their troops which torture innocent people around the world...
Sorry, I must have missed all of the torture that was going on between troops and civilians while my friends and I were in New Orleans and Mississippi because we were too busy doing disaster recovery and construction. The government's failed preperations and late response are in no way linked to member's serving in the armed forces.

JamBox5000 said:
Sorry, I must have missed all of the torture that was going on between troops and civilians while my friends and I were in New Orleans and Mississippi because we were too busy doing disaster recovery and construction. The government's failed preperations and late response are in no way linked to member's serving in the armed forces.
I said 'around the world' not in the U.S.A. in case you missed... Still, the troops are part of a system which torture people. Maybe you don't participate but you have the same employer.

troublesome2004 said:
I said 'around the world' not in the U.S.A. in case you missed... Still, the troops are part of a system which torture people. Maybe you don't participate but you have the same employer.
I was only talking about the hurricane Katrina incident(which pertained to the discussion about juvenile and whether he was being hypocritical for entertaining the troops, I just mentioned that maybe he was showing gratitude to them as they did play a part in the recovery in New Orleans). You are correct about having the same employer and it upsets me just as much as the next man when I see headlines about marines and soldiers killing and raping in my country's latest war of choice. Point taken.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.