Just Finished Readin 50's book..

"From Pieces To Weight". I bought it on Monday and finished it today. Its pretty good book. Its really insightful. It kinda makes me look at him 50 in a different light.

But here's some a few interestin stuff...

Some obvious people under different alias in the book:

Godfather = Chaz a.k.a. (Slim - the one 50 referred to on "Many Men")

Brown = Black Child

Sonny & Kyle = these guys could possibly be Preme & Prince

The FULL story with Ja Rule beef...

A friend of 50's robs Ja. Ja sees 50 haning with this guy at the club, 50 goes over to Ja to say 'what up' and Ja acts like he has a problem with 50. Then at the 'Murder 4 Life' video shoot, 50 greets Ja, but Ja barely acknowledges him and then tells everybody there that 50 cant rap. From there Ja uses his connects in the industry to keep people from working with 50. So, 50 make "You're Lifes On The Line" dissing Ja. Then Brown (aka BlackChild - whom 50 is cool with at the time) tells 50 to leave Ja alone. In ATL, 50 sees Ja standing outside of the hotel with 8 other guys, 50 goes over to squash problems with Ja, but Ja starts puttin on performance for his homies and talks all crazy while he's holding a lil baseball bat, so 50 punches him and all of the Ja's homies jump on 50 at once, but after its all over, 50 still walks away with Ja's jewelry (which he popped during the scuffle); back in NY, Blackchild tells 50 he understand why it went down and he gives 50 a watch in exchange for Ja's chain...the next time they meet is at the Hit Factory studio...

And "Ghetto Quran" isnt the reason 50 was shot.

At this time, 50 kinda goes back hustling after his deal with Columbia aint going so well. 50 describes "Sonny & Kyle" as two older guys w/ heavy reps. Sonny and Kyle get into a fight with each other over a girl (while one was in jail, the other was fuckin his girlfriend). So to squash their problem, they duke it out like ol schoolers. After Kyle beats Sonny the fuck up, 50 sarcastically checks Sonny's head for lumps. But Sonny just got his ass whooped, so he dont have much of a sense of humor. Sonny acts like he wants to flex up on 50, but doesnt really since he knows 50 boxes. With everybody standing around lookin on, 50 goes off on Sonny until 50 saids that if "Kyle had put his hands on him, he'd would beat him under the pavement". So this means, 50 has just disrespected both Sonny and Kyle. Godfather calls 50 and tells him he went to far by pissing off the wrong people like that and arranges a meeting between 50, Sonny, Kyle and himself that night, but 50 cant make that meeting because he has a session scheduled (its important for him to make this session cause Columbia is hardly giving him studio time and he REALLY wants this rap thing to workout). That session would be the session he was stabbed at. Later that night, Godfather calls 50 and tells him hes upset and stresses he definately should not have missed that meeting ad tells him that hes on his own now. The rest is history...

If theres anything else y'all wanna know, just ask... ;)

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
tha man has lived an interesting life...cant wait to get thisw. Ill probably try and steal it first though im broke as fuck

Crunkadelic said:
And "Ghetto Quran" isnt the reason 50 was shot.
so was he shot over a song or was it that the same people who stabbed him wanted to do more?
if he was to get shot for a song it would have been '50 Bars'

Ghetto_Ghost said:
so was he shot over a song or was it that the same people who stabbed him wanted to do more?
if he was to get shot for a song it would have been '50 Bars'
Read the 2nd paragraph in my first post. He piss'd off the wrong people. Chaz tried to warn him.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
I wanna pick it up. I enjoy reading biographies about rappers. Probably end up getting this one when it's half price. Same as the DMX one I got, and the LL Cool J one I got. lol

A friend of 50's robs Ja. Ja sees 50 haning with this guy at the club, 50 goes over to Ja to say 'what up' and Ja acts like he has a problem with 50. Then at the 'Murder 4 Life' video shoot, 50 greets Ja, but Ja barely acknowledges him and then tells everybody there that 50 cant rap. From there Ja uses his connects in the industry to keep people from working with 50. So, 50 make "You're Lifes On The Line" dissing Ja. Then Brown (aka BlackChild - whom 50 is cool with at the time) tells 50 to leave Ja alone. In ATL, 50 sees Ja standing outside of the hotel with 8 other guys, 50 goes over to squash problems with Ja, but Ja starts puttin on performance for his homies and talks all crazy while he's holding a lil baseball bat, so 50 punches him and all of the Ja's homies jump on 50 at once, but after its all over, 50 still walks away with Ja's jewelry (which he popped during the scuffle); back in NY, Blackchild tells 50 he understand why it went down and he gives 50 a watch in exchange for Ja's chain...the next time they meet is at the Hit Factory studio...
ok assuming this is true, why is one of 50s friends on the phone to irv in an interlude on the murderers album ? talking bout the 'beef' being on and i quote 'some rhyming shit' ?????
the murderers album is from 2000 btw.

jerzeymobfan said:
so did 50 give ja back his chain?? was yayo the one who took ja shit?
50 never said who he's friend was that robbed Ja. But 50 managed to pop off Ja's chain whiile he was gettin jumped by Ja and his homies in ATL. Afterwards by in NY, Blackchild gave 50 a watch in exchange for Ja's chain.

sniper said:
ok assuming this is true, why is one of 50s friends on the phone to irv in an interlude on the murderers album ? talking bout the 'beef' being on and i quote 'some rhyming shit' ?????
the murderers album is from 2000 btw.
I dunno, no mention of that, but was that really a friend of 50's?

thats what puzzles me........ it doesnt sound like anyone from g unit........... i put a link on the ic to try n find out who it was tho.

lemme find transcript.

next message received at 3am,
someguy - yo murder this is ????, i did diss ya man, i just listened to the tape man,
on some rhyming shit, but if he wanna take it to some beef shit pa i can go there, it was on some rhyming shit tho, u know imma holla at u sometime this week anyway, let u know whats up, ya man wanna take it like that then it ll be like that.

im feelin u ya man black child, yall niggas shit is goin on, niggas murder inc shit is tight and all that, yall niggas shit is goin down, but ya man wanna take it on a personal level, he feel threatened by it or his feelings is hurt in this shit or he gotta beef back we can take it to the streets pa, thats it, one.
i had to type this out myself, cos i couldnt find lyrics online.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03LDT9AF

sniper said:
thats what puzzles me........ it doesnt sound like anyone from g unit........... i put a link on the ic to try n find out who it was tho.

lemme find transcript.

i had to type this out myself, cos i couldnt find lyrics online.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03LDT9AF
I un-reversed the name in the skit. Their name is either "Lazy" or "Mazy". Sounds like something that could have something to do with 50, but whoever this guy is, he sounds like he dissed somebody (Ja, maybe) himself.

I wanna think that it is 50 himself under a different name, but then again you'd think Murder Inc would've let the world know by now that that was 50 on the skit. Weird...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I read the book myself a week ago.

It was a very good read. 50 is very humerous and entertaining. He also seems to speak mostly the truth from what I can tell. He's very cocky but very honest and makes a good observation.

Even if you hate 50, which most of you do, the book is worth reading. 50 Makes a lot of sense and explains a few things that most of you hate on him for. Including why he chose the moniker 50 Cent.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.