June 29 - No more Shady for Obie Trice

It seems like we have heard the last from Obie Trice on Shady Records. In a new song, "The Giant", Obie raps about being a free agent.

"Well, no more Shady. Guess it was meant // for me to branch off from my caucasion friend," he raps. "Nope, no more 2nd place to Eminem // question if i was 2nd is the question to many men // no disrespect to Em, he's first // anything after, research the verse's."

This is really bad news for any Shady Records fan. But hopefully we will keep hearing good music from Obie.

Click here to download "The Giant"

Source

roaches

Smart move. Shady Records is just a vanity label whose boss has shown no sign of being interested in music and if D12 has to resort to independently releasing their mixtapes and solo work than Obie has little hope and there's no reason for him to be dividing up his money, especially after the lack of push his last album got. Bobby Creekwater, Stat Quo, and Cashis should take note.

Casey

Staff member
especially after the lack of push his last album got.
on the real. that album may as well not have even come out for the pitiful amount of promotion it got.

hell, i bet half of obie's fanbase don't even realise that he had a second album, which is a shame cos i know a lot of people that bought the first one and really like obie.

TheCat

Smart move. Shady Records is just a vanity label whose boss has shown no sign of being interested in music and if D12 has to resort to independently releasing their mixtapes.
i agree.

Obie has enough talent to make it out of shadys wing,
the decesion is whether he will sign for a production label or go independent.

either way he is still going to have a loyal fan base.
i wish the best for his future

THEV1LL4N

man, cant believe it. still hope he doesnt leave. hope this is a wake up call to eminem.

obie does have talent and it definately shouldnt go to waste. he needs a push, and deserves one rightly so.

thought id just check wikipedia. i know, i know wiki is not always a good source. but anyway...

Obie Trice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it states that he is unsigned, but not known whether he left or was dropped from the label.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.