Juelz Santana's new video (Mic Check) [appereance by Ra]

7 Syns

Juelz Santana's new video (Mic Check) [appearance by Ra]

Link #1: http://www.u-mad.net/ [you can find it there]
Link #2: http://madnet41.free.fr/miccheck(u-mad.net).WMV

I really don't like The Dipset's music (Juelz included) but seeing they have a fairly large fan base around the internet and seeing Im a big Rakim fan (his in the video). Thought i'd jack this from allhiphop's illcommunity and post it. It's almost like Snoop's Drop it Like it's Hot. songs aiight, nada special..

peace.

roaches said:
It's funny, Nas makes a song dedicated to Rakim... Rakim does verses with Nas's enemies and appears in their videos. Teehee.
LoL true haha.

hmmmm wat can i say dipset r slept on because they dont make music that the mainstream likes.......they jus make it for their fans.
also check out jr writer hes another dip hes tight and taj from purple city the senate.

DIPSET BITCH! LOL........But nah, I must admit, I wasn't feelin the whole "movement" for a while.......But the dips suck so much that they're style is infectious.......I can't help but listen to them.....LOL......DIPSET BITCH! LMAO

7 Syns

I think Dipset make horrible music, it's just they have hot production to back it up. This is way off topic but I can't and won't understand how G-Unit cop so much hate when they as emcee's > Dipset. Jim Jone's is terrible, no mic presence or lyrics or flow or anything. Atleast Tony Yayo who is Unit's weakest emcee can come correct on a couple bars per verse and his got alotta energy (presence).

It boggles me, but had Dipset blown up instead of G-Unit then people would hate Dipset and still love G-Unit. What a crazy world, the moment someone reaches their dreams and goals is warrants hate from internet kids.. I think it's all to do with envy. These kids see themselves in the mirror, freestyle while dreaming of hyping a crowd and being rich and famous.

Ouch. truth hurts :(

peace.

u mad?

ha ha..nah.

Come on 7, overall Dipset make more better music than G-Unit.

Here's a post from a thread i made on another board:

Why Dipset are dope..

- They are New York rappers making New York hip hop, which is a lot more than can be said for most of NY's most hailed artists in recent times. The other coasts have their own style, but in recent years NY rappers have been adopting a lot of other regions' styles to sell. For example, everyone's single featuring Nate Dogg, all of G-Unit rapping over Dre & Storch beats, having the token Lil' Jon beat and Ludacris collabo, etc.

- They have created their own goddamn empire. After signing with NY's hottest label, they've created their own label, have picked up countless affiliates, made up their own slang, created their own fashion trends, etc.

- They (or their producers, at least) obviously have a very good ear for old records and are more than capable of sampling well. Thus, production is top-notch.

- Each rapper has their own distinct voice, flow, and style, but they are also similar enough that you can recognize they are in the same group and they influence eachother.

- They are young, fun and entertaining as all hell.

- They have released 6 albums (i'm not including pre-Come Home With Me Cam) and only really failed once (DI:2), and even that album had it's highlights.

- They are constantly releasing plenty of new music, through mixtapes.

- Lastly and most importantly, they make UNCOMPROMISED music. They don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. They don't sing on hooks, they just go out and do their thing. And i respect that. While 50 Cent will follow trends and do a systematic 3-dummed-down-verses-with-a-sung-hook, club or fuck track with Olivia and Nate Dogg for a single, most of the time Dipset release their hard-hitting street anthems as singles.

This is on some Wu-in-the-mid-90's shit. Well, not really, but they're still dope.

--------------------------------

See. Dipset > G-Unit and a lot of other artists.

Also,

Jim Jones*

Step your grammar game up!

peace.

Damn, How can anyone like dipset. There so shit. Here is cam'ron's first 2 lines in his verse for crunk muzik.

Cam'ron "That rooti, tooti, fruity, Louie, what I usually do (what's this?)
This that jump, stop, breathe, whoody-who"

What the fuck is he saying.

aloivas said:
u mad?

ha ha..nah.

Why Dipset are dope..

- They are New York rappers making New York hip hop, which is a lot more than can be said for most of NY's most hailed artists in recent times. The other coasts have their own style, but in recent years NY rappers have been adopting a lot of other regions' styles to sell. For example, everyone's single featuring Nate Dogg, all of G-Unit rapping over Dre & Storch beats, having the token Lil' Jon beat and Ludacris collabo, etc.

- They have created their own goddamn empire. After signing with NY's hottest label, they've created their own label, have picked up countless affiliates, made up their own slang, created their own fashion trends, etc.

- They (or their producers, at least) obviously have a very good ear for old records and are more than capable of sampling well. Thus, production is top-notch.

- Each rapper has their own distinct voice, flow, and style, but they are also similar enough that you can recognize they are in the same group and they influence eachother.

- They have released 6 albums (i'm not including pre-Come Home With Me Cam) and only really failed once (DI:2), and even that album had it's highlights.

- Lastly and most importantly, they make UNCOMPROMISED music. They don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. They don't sing on hooks, they just go out and do their thing. And i respect that. While 50 Cent will follow trends and do a systematic 3-dummed-down-verses-with-a-sung-hook, club or fuck track with Olivia and Nate Dogg for a single, most of the time Dipset release their hard-hitting street anthems as singles.

This is on some Wu-in-the-mid-90's shit. Well, not really, but they're still dope.

--------------------------------

See. Dipset > G-Unit and a lot of other artists.

Also,

Jim Jones*

Step your grammar game up!

peace.
nice post and jim jones is the weakest dip but he is still entertaining.
jim jones aka the kufi smacker :D

sniper said:
nice post and jim jones is the weakest dip but he is still entertaining.
jim jones aka the kufi smacker :D

OFF WIT HIS KUFI!!!!!! LMAO!

All I know is DIPSET as rappers aren't that talented.......They have got to be the weakest MC's in the game, HOWEVER, they're style, swagger, and cockiness is what makes them so infectious....You can't help but listen to em.....They say some of the most off the wall type shit........Shit that you can't help but laugh at, and that makes it entertaining........One thing though, J.R. Writer is SERIOUS though......I think he's defiantely the most lyrical outta DIPSET, and can hang with many of the "popular" MC's as far as style, flow, delivery and lyrics go........I dunno.......There are many other rappers that are 100's of times better than the DIPS as a group but I can't help but bump em......OH SNAP! I JUST HIT 2000 POSTS! WTF :eek:

SkItZoSkAmZ said:
OFF WIT HIS KUFI!!!!!! LMAO!

All I know is DIPSET as rappers aren't that talented.......They have got to be the weakest MC's in the game, HOWEVER, they're style, swagger, and cockiness is what makes them so infectious....You can't help but listen to em.....They say some of the most off the wall type shit........Shit that you can't help but laugh at, and that makes it entertaining........One thing though, J.R. Writer is SERIOUS though......I think he's defiantely the most lyrical outta DIPSET, and can hang with many of the "popular" MC's as far as style, flow, delivery and lyrics go........I dunno.......There are many other rappers that are 100's of times better than the DIPS as a group but I can't help but bump em......OH SNAP! I JUST HIT 2000 POSTS! WTF :eek:
I kind of agree with what you are saying. They are soo damn cocky even though they suck soo much.

7 Syns

aloivas said:
u mad?

ha ha..nah.

Why Dipset are dope..

I thought 50 Cent's Massacre had a new york feel, it mightve been more of a Jigga Volume 2 feel but I still thought it had a N.Y. feel to an extent (post 97 era ofcourse). (This is 50, god gave me style, position of power etc..) If you wanna talk about that authentic N.Y. feel I think besides Gangstarr/KRS-One and a couple other o.g. emcee's thats in the game then it's all but scarce. I mean Jim Jones did have 'Certified Gangsta's' which used a 'Boyz n tha Hood' sample. Far from N.Y. sounding hip-hop. Im not complaining because as much as I love that N.Y. sounding hip-hop, I think artistically it's better to have a universial sound which can be appreciate by all instead of just one region.

So have G-Unit though, I don't see your point here. Plus G-unit's empire in a business sense which it all comes down to just overwhelms Dipsets, but thats beside the point. Either crew could have none of that shit and id still think the same. Music is all that I and im sure you care for. So that point is kinda invalid..

G-Unit's production is top-notch, yes it comes down to your point of it not being specified to just N.Y. sounding hip-hop. But when you have Dr. Dre, Hi-Tek, Mel-Man and Scott Storch at your disposal I think as far as production comes you're set. Plus alot of producer's who worked on Bank's lp and 50's second added their own branding sound. Thus production is top-notch.

So do G-Unit and their styles are better is anything. Banks = monotone, great punchlines and very nice flow. Displayed his story telling ability on Southside Story and 'Till The End which kinda dismissed critics who said he was just 'another' punchline emcee.

Young Buck = energic and raw, lyrically slightly subpar but he speaks alotta reality which im sure cats who live in the more struggling sections of the world can relate. eg. check his verse off Loyal To The Game.

Tony Yayo = at times can come weak but his entertaining and extremely hyped up. plus he can spit (when he wants to) a funny verse eg. Fat girls or a deeper verse so his got abit of variety to flip when he so wants to. it's just his lyrics and delivery which need some work.

So are G-Unit though. Im sure the oldest in the group is like 25 or 26.

Well G-Unit have 5 lp's [GRODT, BFM, HFM, SOC, TM] (6 is you were to count The Documentry which i don't). Plus countless tight mixtapes. And have failed well never thus far.. all have been reasonably solid in my opinion with Beg For Mercy the weakest. Plus their sales are really eye raising, I know sales ain't shit well they are to the artist themselves which they rely on their livehood on. But their sales are impressive and consistent.

So are G-unit? G-Unit radio 1 - 10. Albums every 4 or so months and individual mixtapes.

Well this comes down to poppy tracks but there's only ever been 10 in the whole category which G-Unit has compared to the fuckload of other street tracks they have. 21 Questions, Wanna get to know ya, baby u got, groupie luv, karma, shorty wanna ride, smile, candy shop, so amazing.. well thats 9 I can think of, off the top. Plus they have anthems themselves..

Ain't No Click, Welcome To The South, What up Gangsta, Betta Ask Somebody etc.. They might not release the hard hitting singles but they have at times eg. poppin them thangs, my buddy, many men (wish death), if i can't, life's on the line etc..

----
G-Unit aren't on some Wu-Tang shizzle but they are on their own shizzle which alot of groups will carbon copy in the years to come. Not even Jigga could get the Roc to consistently go platinum.. think Memphis, Beanie, Free, Young Gunz etc.. but 50 has got his G-unit to consistantly go platinum without sacrificing their music too much.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.