Judge Keeps All Charges Against Remy Ma

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Remy Ma, accused of shooting an acquaintance in July over missing money, also must face witness-intimidation and gang-assault charges arising from a later bar fight.

Those charges stem from an Aug. 19 assault on a witness' boyfriend in a nightclub. The 26-year-old rapper is accused of causing several male friends to attack the man, who suffered a black eye, shattered jaw and broken cheek bone.

Remy Ma's lawyer, Ivan Fisher, failed to convince state Supreme Court Justice Rena Uviller the evidence was insufficient to indict his client on the witness-intimidation and gang-assault charges.

The judge adjourned the case until Jan. 3, when the prosecution expects to have results of DNA tests on blood found on Remy Ma's clothes.

Assistant District Attorney Jason Berland wants to see whether blood on Remy Ma's clothes belonged to Makeda Barnes-Joseph, the woman the rapper is accused of shooting on July 14, 2007.

Berland has said in prior court appearances the shooting occurred after Remy Ma left a birthday party, complained that $2,000 was missing from her purse and accused Barnes-Joseph of taking the money.

With a .45-caliber pistol in her hand, Remy Ma got into Barnes-Joseph's car, told her to dump the contents of her purse and, after a struggle, shot the woman twice in the abdomen, Berland said. Barnes-Joseph was hospitalized for 16 days.

The defendant surrendered to police the next day, Berland said.

The prosecutor said Remy Ma (real name: Remy Smith) was the only person charged in the August nightclub beatdown. The victims reported that they covered their faces to protect themselves and did not see who hit them, he said.

Remy Ma remained free on $250,000 bail. She has pleaded not guilty to all charges, including assault, coercion, gang assault and witness intimidation.

She was nominated for a Grammy as part of the Terror Squad for the 2004 summer smash "Lean Back." Besides her solo career, Remy Ma has appeared on recordings with performers Busta Rhymes, Fat Joe, Eminem and R. Kelly, her Web site says.

Source-ap.google.com

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
i always thought she was a guy until months ago when i read she was a women....i think i got her mixed up with remy shand..but besides that..one of her album covers were inspired by 2Pac's makaveli album cover which was painted by riskie

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
i always thought she was a guy until months ago when i read she was a women....i think i got her mixed up with remy shand..but besides that..one of her album covers were inspired by 2Pac's makaveli album cover which was painted by riskie

It was tough finding an image for this article that wouldn't break my computer monitor and everyone else's monitor....she just is not very attractive...course she would probably shoot me if i told her that.

pz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.