Judge adds 7 more days to DMX sentence

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DMX has been called a lot of things in his career: X, Dark Man, Dark Man X. But "a violation waiting to happen?" That's what a Bronx judge dubbed the rapper on Tuesday when he hit him with a seven-day sentence after X pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license in the Bronx last April.

X (born Earl Simmons), 34, who is currently serving a 70-day sentence for driving with a suspended license in a different case, was given the extra week for an incident in which his SUV struck a car that then smashed into a police car. According to a report by The Associated Press, Criminal Court Judge George Villegas rejected the rapper's plea for probation, saying "I'm not going to put him on probation because he's a violation waiting to happen."

Though he was also fined $500 by judge Villegas — who joked that his kids are such big DMX fans that they're "not talking to me anymore" — X will be allowed to serve the seven days as part of his current jail stint.

DMX was given the 70-day sentence on November 18 after pleading guilty in October to violating the conditions of his release following a June 2004 incident at Kennedy Airport in New York, where he allegedly claimed to be a federal agent and ran his SUV through a parking-lot gate. He originally faced 60 days, but the judge tacked on an extra 10 because the rapper showed up late to court the day before sentencing.

Source : MTV

Damn,DMX is always in trouble with the law.What a knucklehead!You'd think once he got a little money he'd be alright,guess not.Whatever happened to the Ruff Ryders?They should have a VH-1 Where Are They Now? segment.Probaly working in some K-Mart standing next to Amil.Was'nt she annoying!Worst.Female.Voice.Ever.
As for DMX,I almost choked on my popcorn when I saw him run up a wall and do a flip(with Timberland's on,no less)in "Cradle 2 The Grave w/Jet Li.I was surprised to see him put the crack pipe down long enough to do anything at all.

By the way,how come Swizz Beatz always looks like he just hit the pipe right before a photo shoot or a video?Hmm.

I feel for DMX, he always gets tough breaks, even when he brings things upon himself. As for first reply, DMX had proved consistently that he can perform, and at least it shows that money hasn't and will not change him, is that a bad thing?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.