Johnny J Remembered

Caesar

Staff member
S-Endz, UK rapper and member of the award winning group Swami, has finished production on a short documentary about Hip-Hop super producer Johnny J, who unfortunately passed away last year under mysterious circumstances.

Endz met with Johnny J a couple years ago in Los Angeles and had the chance to interview him. He has now complied pieces from the interview along with photos taken during the meeting and Johnny J's music into a touching documentary that highlights Johnny's career and his contribution to Tupac Shakur's legacy.

Click here to watch part 1 and here to watch part 2, and make sure to comment your thoughts at the bottom of the page. If you would like to contact S-Endz you can do so by visiting his StreetHop.com profile here.

masta247

Staff member
Casey, you got exposed.

What kind of version of hitemup is it? I don't recall one where he mentioned naughty by nature.

Casey

Staff member
LOL masta you joker!!!!!!! How exactly did I get 'exposed'?

That's the clean edit of Hit Em Up. The version that's on the music video. Please tell me you have seen the video of Hit Em Up. If you haven't you aren't qualified to comment! LOL!

So when did Militant change his name to "S-Endz"? The video could've gone without that shameless plug of his in the beginning. "Solo artist in my own right," haha. Otherwise it was a decent effort, thought it's random for this to have been made.

THEV1LL4N

nice stuff. im gna check this out on monday when i get some time.

i just thought id hold alt and left click on s-endz, and theres info about him on answers.com. good stuff.

Casey

Staff member
DeeezNuuuts, for the record, my stage name of S-Endz predates the
internet s/n of Militant by about 3 years, so I chuckle at your completely baseless attempt at contempt. And I have every right to introduce myself, it's hardly a 'shameless plug'.

Nice try though.

Great interview!

I really liked the interview, Johnny J seemed like such an honest person, and humble about his contributions to 2pacs success. The circumstances of his death seem very strange, and he was by far one of, if not the best producer I've ever heard. This was a great tribute, I wish there were more interviews like this around about him. Thanks for posting it!!!

Johnny J was always a pretty informative guy, and I was always impressed by his openness on stuff like Thug Angel along with random interviews conducted by fans. The only thing I didn't like was how sometimes his wording made it seemed like the Pac albums should have the "original Johnny J beats," putting more emphasis on his own original work being preserved rather than preserving the original beats by every producer.

I think that has alot to do with how proud he was to work with 2pac, and he probably feels like the songs he produced is the one thing that will preserve his music. I respect how much he openly talks about him, and treats him like the legend he was. I like how Johnny J realized the talent 2pac had, and made beats that could keep up with that high level of greatness. I hate most of the newer beats they use for songs, they put way to much emphasis on making the beats sound like other popular hits of today, and feature rappers and singers that 2pac would never have a song with.

I just recently joined to post under this thread, because I really love 2pacs music and Johnny J's influence on it. I haven't read the other forums which are being spoken about, but unbiasly I didn't see any excessive self promotion. I thought the interview was great, and the questions were ones I would have loved to ask myself.
It would have been a dream of mine to talk with Johnny J, and I can't imagine how happy you must be to have had that experience. His death is a clear mystery, and for you to have that memory on video must be incredible.
Good job on the interview, wish there was more!!!

Casey

Staff member
Thanks for the love michael823. Glad that you enjoyed the interview. I did the best job I could and without trying to big myself up, I know I did well and at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters.

Yeshua - there was no investigation as far as I know. I believe it is the jail trying to cover their backs. I don't doubt for a second that there's a cover up going on.

Kobe

Thanks goodness the argument between some of you was removed by SiGh, it was ruining something good here.

That was a really deep interview, amazing pictures and really heartfelt. I enjoyed watching it and Johnny J seemed like a nice down to earth person.

I only have one part of the interview which I disagree with. I don't believe 2pac and Biggie were killed over the so called 'east coast west coast' beef. 2pac was killed because of the MGM brawl, plain and simple. I don't know about Biggie's death as I'm not a fan but I honestly believe that his death was unrelated.

Really great job though.

I agree Kobe, that was the only small thing that I didn't understand. But from Johnny J's perspective, I bet he might have held that a little deeper seeing he might feel guilty being a part of making some of those songs. I was a little surprised too that he said that, but for him being so close to 2pac, he might have still had a lot of unresolved questions himself about what happened.
This was an excellent video though, and what Johnny J had to say was so important. He really understood 2pac as a person, and he really took 2pac's music where it should have been. It's strange he is so overlooked as a producer as well, because although he had 2pac behind his beats, he was still one of the best producers of all time in my opinion.

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
Mili there is no investigation by the jail not because they are covering it up. But because they just dont care. Alot of people die in jail all the time. The jail just goes for the most logical and easiest reason available so they dont have to go thru anymore bullshit with the inmates than they have to.

^ They're not really covering it up; it's more because it's not worth it for them to investigate further. The sad truth is that Johnny J didn't have enough status for them to take any additional precautions (think of how well-treated Paris Hilton probably was when in jail for her DUI, because there would be a media frenzy if anything happened to her in jail) or to do an investigation on his death.

Don't drink and drive.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.