John Legend

k69atie

SicC's Love
I have just heard him singing live on radio one, and i was blown away by his voice, he did one of his own songs and lauren hill x factor, and he was amazing. Never really heard much of him before but he has worked with loads of people.

What do you think of him?

I've only heard the work he's done with guys like Kweli, Common, Kanye etc. and I like his voice. I wanna know if the dude's got a CD out or anything!

I have his album, and I can tell you that it's the best album I've heard for at least 2 years. Every song is just amazing : he's got an extraordinary talent.

Moreover he helped making lots of songs for Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Jay-Z and a lot of other singers/rappers.

He came last week in Paris for a concert , I was there and all I can say is that he is becoming one of the greatest singer of the decade.
He plays piano and everything...

You gotta love him, just listen to his songs from his album " Get Lifted ":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-3641157-6607806?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

k69atie

SicC's Love
I was really suprised by him, i didn't realise he had worked with so many people. i had heard his single and thought he was quite good, then when i heard him live, he was just amazing, and in the interview he came across as a really nice guy!

I've heard of him, but yet to have listened to any of his material.

What genre does he fit under? I would assume R&B and Hip hop based on the artists he's worked with, but does he perform his own material in a different manner?

Peace

ShockA said:
I've heard of him, but yet to have listened to any of his material.

What genre does he fit under? I would assume R&B and Hip hop based on the artists he's worked with, but does he perform his own material in a different manner?

Peace
Yes, he has his own style, like some soul / rnb music.

ArtsyGirl

Yeah he's got talent. Just got his album and the songs I've heard so far are Woah! I love Used 2 Love U I love the line:
"Maybe, it's me, maybe i bore u
No no, it's my fault, cos i can't afford u"

His got a great voice. Another great song is Ordinary People.

Here are what I think are the best songs from his album, by best I mean songs taht can be aired on radio during weeks :

Let's Get Lifted
Used To Love U
Alright
She Don't Have Know
Number One
I Can Change
Ordinary People
Stay With You
So High
Refuge (When It's Cold Outside) : this song is truly excellent.
Live It Up

Total : 11 songs.That's what I call a real music album.

artisticgurl said:
Yeah he's got talent. Just got his album and the songs I've heard so far are Woah! I love Used 2 Love U I love the line:
"Maybe, it's me, maybe i bore u
No no, it's my fault, cos i can't afford u"

His got a great voice. Another great song is Ordinary People.

i like that line in that song too.

I oculd listen to his voice all day, its so nice!

John Legend hes very overrated

k69atie said:
What do you think of him?

hes actually boring to me. his voice isnt great to me. and he only getting recognition cause hes a kanye protege'. not cause he has actual talent. and riding another persons coattails doesnt last long.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.