Joe Budden

linx

Staff member
I was never a huge fan, but I respect him and thought he was a dope emcee. After hearing his new songs like "Get The Picture", "Dumb Out", "3 Sides To A Story" and "So Long Goodbye" ..god damn. I'm now looking forward to his new album for sure. I'm hoping it will be dope because these songs are very fucking ill. He sounds very hungry. :thumb:

roaches

Joey's dope. He has the same problems as every other NY rapper, though, and he doesn't even have their charisma.

I'm still gaping at how Def Jam couldn't successfully push an album with a huge hit like "Pump it Up" on it.

linx

Staff member
yayo said:
What part don't you comprehend?
The part where you said you didn't like his voice, what do you think? It's stupid as hell when people say that. It's understandable sometimes, but not when the person has a normal voice. I could see if we were talking about J Hood or something, but wtf.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
its linx! said:
The part where you said you didn't like his voice, what do you think? It's stupid as hell when people say that. It's understandable sometimes, but not when the person has a normal voice. I could see if we were talking about J Hood or something, but wtf.
His voice seems like he tries too hard to be emotional on his songs. It seems like he cries in every single song, except Pump it Up. Think Game on "Started from Scratch."

But, to reply to your comment, voice plays a huge part in the success and overall quality of a music artist. It doesn't matter what type of music it is. So, it's not stupid as hell. Also, J-Hood sounds tight on the mic, I don't see the connection.

yayo

S O F I S T I K said:
But, to reply to your comment, voice plays a huge part in the success and overall quality of a music artist. It doesn't matter what type of music it is. So, it's not stupid as hell.
Which is what I was eventually getting at. I don't like the way he sounds in some of his songs - it's like hes got a blocked nose or something..

its linx! said:
After hearing his new songs like "Get The Picture", "Dumb Out", "3 Sides To A Story" and "So Long Goodbye" ..god damn.
I have been looking for "Get The Picture" do you think someone could upload this.

Also Dumb Out is one of the best tracks I've heard in a while

I've been a Budden fan since his first album dropped and can't wait for his new shit to drop. It's gonna be straight fire, just like the last one.

Eric

Joe Budden has been tight his entire career. He's stayed the same, that's what makes him different. Dude is the illest rapper out just because of his lyrics. It's ghetto poetry at it's finest. Even his first album was tight. If you thought it wasn't, you never had it or gave it a chance. How could you say songs like 10 Mins, Calm Down, Walk With Me, etc aren't classics? Come on now. That Joe Budden album was incredible.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.