Joe Budden Gets Punched In The Eye

masta247

Staff member
I still think that it could be staged. Especially since he was supposedly recording that.
Now everybody's talking about Slaughterhouse and the Wu. They are 2 of the most interesting hip-hop groups right now and they made a lot of hype around themselves thanks to that beef. He doesn't even show that eye.

Joe Budden needs to stop running his mouth from what I can see.

As for Crooked I saying "Wu better not come to LA", that's laughably hilarious. I would put money on Wu have a stronger presence in the streets of LA just from the amount of diehard fans they have that support them on every level.

Nobody knows who Crooked I even is apart from Death Row fans really. He might have some dudes in the streets in Cali but Wu has a fucking army wherever they go. I've seen it, when I played at the same festival as GZA in Canada a few weeks back. The amount of love for Wu is crazy.
^^ Word up, and that was probably the lamest wu turn out I ever seen in Toronto.

and about it all being staged, I dont know about that man... Joe Budden's gotta be a hell of sport to stage something like this

Caesar

Staff member
[youtube]_5pEj32fliY[/youtube]

Check 2:00 minutes in.

Already been answered in the above video.
Joe Budden never mentioned Inspectah Deck until the diss came out. Deck is full of it and wanted the attention and it's the lamest thing out of this whole situation. It was just corny and lame attention seeking nothing more.

Its like Inspectah Deck dissing Joe Budden and then out of the blue Joell Ortiz releasing a diss track against GZA for no reason.

Deck was not involved.

Never really heard of that. I just remember Raekwon mentioning. something like "my niggas took a walk in the yard like generals do in the penn, and worked it out."

[youtube]KrbsMb2JVb0[/youtube]

Just listen to the first two minute. Like I said Joe is a liar, 'I went looking for Deck, Fans left, Deck is a coward, he fuckin ran, and the crowd was chearing Slaughterhouse, blah blah blah'.

hmmm lets see the actual footage now

[youtube]M353EYcM6cw[/youtube]

Anyways I dont see how u took that one video of Joe Budden talking about that one situation. And thought it was 3 different situations at 3 different rock the bells
I was pretty sure it all happened over two days? My bad if not.

And Budden doesnt lie, you're twisting what he said or didnt catch it so just rewatch it. Joe says that Deck went on stage AFTER Slaughterhouse finished their set and had the crowd chanting "Slaughterhouse, Slaughterhouse, Slaughterhouse!" Which they do, at the end of every show. He never says that the crowd chanted anything during Deck's performance.

theres no confirmation on what exactly happened. Mickey Factz says there was 3 of em in a room, 6 dudes came in, one of them being raekwon. 1 of the dudes Joe was with just got up and left. Something happened and someone ended up beating up Joe Budden, sorry punching him once... which makes him look like an even bigger bitch

[youtube]2Kp_t7acqz4[/youtube]

are u talking about this? This is way before they squashed it.
There was some other videos where Rae was saying it was over and then talking shit, just like Joe does in....

On the other hand, Joe Budden apologizing and warning niggas at the same time, moments after talking to meth... Which he had a right to do, cuz joe's a fuckin politician and all

[youtube]F3pyhkrlw34[/youtube]

uhh yeah, thats the whoe point. Rae heard that Joe was talking shit about Wu. Rae reacted to that... I didnt.
How was he talking shit about Wu when they always said it wasnt a beef with Wu, they got nothing against Wu. Even when it was all about the Meth situation they said it wasnt about Wu. Then during the Deck thing they said it wasnt about all of Wu, and now he even said the Raekwon goon punch wasnt about Wu.

You didnt expect brave ass Joe Buddens to say something to his face did u?
I think he's dumb enough to mouth off to his face, I really do, which is probably why he got punched.

and the rest is about 8 vs 1... U guys make it sound like Rae hired niggas to beat up the Don Joe Budden. Rae walked in with his niggas, Joe Budden coulda been with his niggas, but thats not wasnt the issue. They felt a certain way about Joe Budden, and did what they did. Thats the end of it. I dont really wanna sit here on streethop.com and discuss how the streets operate, thats just the way it is.
That aint the way it is come on now. If Rae wanted to speak to Budden why he grab 8 dudes with him when Joe had 2 dudes? So if it wasnt about talkin what was it about? A fight? So why didnt Rae go one on one with Joe, or even be the one to throw the punch, after all the talking he was doing to?

Can you imagine your reaction if Joe Budden rolled 8 deeps into Rae's dressing room and one of his goons smacked Rae? You'd be calling Joe a bitch for not doing shit himself etc etc. Same deal.

This shit was dumb. If you wanna talk to someone u do it u dont need 8 dudes to help u, what they ghost write his speech or something? And if u wanna fight dude fight dude!

Joe Budden keeps playing games, and maybe it was time he catches one, regardless if it was Rae or his 'hired goons'.
Joe was bound to get hit for something he said sooner than later, his mouth writes checks his ass cant cash at all, and he isnt as heavy in the street or in the frame as Rae or Wu or half the other people he takes shots at.

.. btw that poll u got on the front page, is a lil biased no?
I dont see how? *shrugs*. I just went into detail for people not knowing the surrounding situation. Its meant to be a little controversial though. The old 'controversy sells' thing. Ill change "We straight: Raekwon did the right thing having Joe outnumbered" to "We straight: Raekwon did the right thing."

ahhh Caesar man, I dont wanna keep going back and forth with this, we're both wasting our energies. I see it one way and u see it another, and as long as we got both point of views out there, its all good. I got counterarguments for almost everything there though :D (other than the chanting slaughterhouse thing, ur right about that... but he did lie about everything else)

as far as the whole 8 on 1 thing is concerned, in genera, I know where u guys are coming from, but the up-bringing I've had, I'll never understand it. Beefin' is like war, there's strength in numbers, resources and strategy. With the only rules of engagement being, u don't involve a dudes family. Thats it. By no means, am I saying I support jumping dudes, or using weapons, or that it's the honorable way. Trust me, I've lost friends cuz of that type of mentality.. I'm just saying, thats just the way it is (for some ppl atleast).

And I woulda felt the same way if Joe did that shit to Rae. Other than the fact in my eyes Joe (and the media hype) is at 90% fault for this whole situation. But I woulda been like damn Rae got caught, but knowing Wu's history I woulda expected retaliation, sooner or later.

I dont see how? *shrugs*. I just went into detail for people not knowing the surrounding situation. Its meant to be a little controversial though. The old 'controversy sells' thing. Ill change "We straight: Raekwon did the right thing having Joe outnumbered" to "We straight: Raekwon did the right thing."
haahah yea its true controversy does sell, but damn man, I read that shit at first and was like oooh that was cheap, hahaha. I had to think twice before I answered that shit haha.

anyways, Caesar, my bad I aint been able to get much news up lately, been a lil busy.

Elmira

Who is trying to slap Joe Budden around? Dude is too pretty for that. *le sigh*

What is Rae doing? I think as a musician you should maybe learn to handle the situation differently. If you're sensitive and shit about your art don't start throwing punches to guard your honor, why don't you go in the booth and rhyme it out. Also, coincidence this little rap beef falls when the new album is coming out and Budden seems to get all his publicity from the internets? I think not.

Rock The Bells Founder says Joe Budden & Raekwon squashed beef

While both Joe Budden and Raekwon have yet to speak to XXL since their altercation over the weekend, there is one man that says both parties were able to put their differences aside. Founder and owner of Rock the Bells Chang Weisberg spoke to XXLMag.com today (August 10), after the tour concluded with it’s last stop in San Francisco on Sunday and expressed that both camps have sat down and squashed any problems.

Weisberg said at first both rappers were not being cooperative, but before Sunday’s show he was able to get Budden and Rae in a room to shake to settle their differences and shake hands. “It was heated,” he told XXL, “people were not feeling some situations and at the end of the day sometimes the best action is no action at least in L.A. But in San Francisco, yes, everybody got in a room, there were a lot of discussions and were able to keep it moving. “

“I don’t believe they’ll be any more issues moving forward,”he continued.

Weisberg credits several key people for being able to defuse the tension. “At the end of the day a lot of other really good people got involved and made sure that we kept things on a positive note,” he said. “You walked into hip-hop summer camp, From KRS-One to Busta Rhymes, to Joell [Ortiz], to Royce [da 5”9”] to our entire staff, there’s a lot of people that have a lot of really good relationships. Helped to lend perspective. “

When asked if he would invite them back for next year’s festival Chang exclaimed, “Abso-fucking-lutely.

As XXLMag,com previously reported Budden was punched on the side of his eye and his shoulder by an associate of Rae on Saturday, backstage in L.A. The New Jersey rapper and eyewitness Mickey Factz claim the fight was over comments Joe made prior to his face-to-face meeting with Method Man. Budden was reportedly forced to apologize on Rae’s IceWaterTV. As of press time footage has yet to surface. –Jesse Gissen

XXLmag.com - XXcLusive: Rock the Bells Founder Says Joe Budden & Raekwon Squashed Beef

ok ok, last ones

Mase speaks up about the Raekwon / Joe Budden situation

The Harlem rapper says Joe Budden's recent beatdown shows the fragile state of hip-hop/Raekwon

New York - August 9th

By David Sutherland for SarcasticDBag.Blogspot.com

"You know, a beating from a member of the Wu-Tang Clan really used to mean something," a visibly perturbed Mase said as he clicked through various video clips and photos of Joe Budden being assaulted on his chrome Macbook Pro.

Mase is of course referring to a fight that occurred last night between Joe Budden and members of Raekwon's entourage on the Los Angeles leg of the Rock the Bells Tour.

According to sources close to the Budden camp, Joe, and Brooklyn rapper Mickey Factz were doing a live online broadcast in their backstage dressing room when Raekwon and several members of his entourage entered the room uninvited. It is believed that peaceful words were initially exchanged between Raekwon and Budden, and it is unclear what lead to Budden being assaulted by one of Rae's crew members.

As the news of this attack hit the internet, the hip-hop community responded in many different ways, and everyone's favorite rapper-turned-pastor turned-rapper from Harlem was visibly shaken by Raekwon's actions.

"I'm just praying that Raekwon has the strength to recover from this incident and move on with his career," Mase said. "It's not every day you roll up on someone with your whole goon squad and only give a n*gga a black eye. Man, Rae is straight slippin' son."

Although this recent attack has had many prominent members of the hip-hop community calling for a stop to all violence within the genre, Mason "Mase" Betha interprets the event as a sign that the genre of hip-hop is dying. His opinion echoes the sentiments of numerous other industry figures who long for a time when rap music was about the music, and beatdowns by the Wu-Tang Clan left you in the hospital for at least 3 weeks.

"N*ggas used to get their asses whooped by Wu-Tang's entourage's entourage, and now Rae's personal goons can barely f*ck a dude up back stage at their own show," Mase said with a hint of distress in his voice. "Hip-hop has really gone down hill man. I fear for the life of the genre when a guy walks away from a Wu beating with just a scratch on his eye."

"Sh*t, I remember when I badmouthed Ghostface Killah at a show onetime and I spent the next 6 weeks with my jaw wired shut," Mase stated. "What an experience that was. You know, to be beat down so severely by a hip-hop legend."

"Why do you think I sound so f*cking stupid," Mase asked as he showed where the metal plates were installed in his left jaw bone. "You think I want to rap the way I do? I once heard Puff say to a reporter that my voice was a product of my Harlem swagger. Wrong. It's a product of a Staten Island face stompin', and I'm damn proud."

"How many people can say they got a good old fashioned Wu beatdown? Obviously not Joe Budden. I feel bad for the dude."

As of press time, Joe Budden's representatives declined to comment on this non-incident, while Raekwon is in the process of auditioning for a newer, tougher, entourage.

The Rock the Bells tour is set to hit San Francisco this afternoon at the Shoreline Amplitheatre.

----

before u fuckos jump all over me, obviously its not real, but it sure as hell is funny

Casey

Staff member
LMAO at the fake Mase article.

Real fucking talk though, I'll still take Mase's "Harlem World" over anything Joe Budden ever recorded, and anything Raekwon has done in the last decade.

The level of production and songwriting on "Harlem World" was higher than most of Bad Boy's catalogue aside from Ready To Die and Life After Death.

ahh man, now this nigga talkin bout shooting a fair one with Raekwon... now I'm starting to hope this is staged, cuz this shit could get real ugly. Sure when dudes shoot a fair one, it normally ends as a one on one fist fight and thats that. But when these dudes are not from the same camps, shit can get real ugly real fast.

... right now, I'm thinking, either Joe Budden, is extremely stupid, cuz he's got a SH release party in New York City on wednesday. Or is a fuckin genius for turning this around, and makin' Rae look like a chump.. Or both are geniuses and have created a hell of a buzz for their upcoming albums

linx

Staff member
Since some of you guys wanna be cute about it, i'll tell you what happened since I happened to be on the live feed when it went down..

It started out with Mickey Factz (rapper) talking and bullshitting on Joes laptop live. Joe then sat down and started talking. Not long after, Raekwon walks in with like 5 big dudes.Keep in mind it's live still. So Rae daps Joe and Mickey. It's basically them 2 in the room and that's it. THEN.. Rae sits down and starts talking slick. Joe mentions the computer being on or some shit and Rae looked at Mickey.. and Mickey cut the live feed off.

So they were talking and out of nowhere.. one of the dudes with Rae hit Joe. Call it a smart move or a pussy move... but Joe didn't swing back at the dude because there were like 6 of them there and just him and Mickey Factz. He obviously didn't wanna get his ass handed to him by 6 big dudes. So he took it and decided to handle the situation when he wasn't by himself.

I'm not defending him or anything. The fact that it all came to this is ridiculous to me. All because someone is confident in their rapping ability. I'm all for non violence in Hip Hop, but when someone gets hands put on them.. the rules go out the window. He already made it well known that he wants to fight Raekwon. He's the one responsible for this shit. People are quick to call Joe Budden names and say this and that.. so if Rae doesn't agree to fight him, what's that make Raekwon?

As far as Royce getting involved, that makes perfect sense. Rae and Inspectah Deck got involved when it wasn't their business, right? Only difference is this time it got physical. Raekwon went in there with those dues for a reason. So Royce and Crooked getting involved shouldn't mean shit.

It's funny to see people say he "deserved" to get hit though. Keep it up. Lets not forget this whole thing was supposed to be over with until Raekwon pulled this slick shit. Joe Budden said it himself. Some of y'all act like Joe Budden just talks a bunch of random shit for no reason.

linx

Staff member
Oh... Joe Buddens Escape Route is out by the way for any of you that are interested. It's pretty dope. If you're into his music of course.

masta247

Staff member
From what I've heard they squashed this several times and soon after Joe was talking shit about Raekwon. I wasnt' following it THAT much but I read about it. If I was Raekwon I'd kick the shit out of Budden for that if that was the case.

linx

Staff member
From what I've heard they squashed this several times and soon after Joe was talking shit about Raekwon. If I was Raekwon I'd kick the shit out of Budden for that.
First of all.. Raekwon aint kicking the shit out of ANYBODY. Second of all, you're misinformed. Joe never started talking shit after the shit was over and done with. That's the problem with these hip hop fans. They don't know a goddamn thing. Between believing anything and not liking someone to begin with.. it's ridiculous.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.