Jellybean holding up Pun album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Producer Jellybean Benitez is reportedly the holdup behind Sony’s new album of unreleased music from late rapper Big Pun.

Sources tell the New York Daily News that he is refusing to allow Pun’s songs to be used for the project "because he didn't think of it himself,” a source told the paper.

"Sony owns Big Pun as an artist, but Jellybean owns the publishing rights to many of the songs," says an industry insider. "Sony wants to do another album, but [Benitez] hasn't returned calls. He's playing the game."

Pun, born Christopher Lee Rios, died of a heart attack in 2000 at the age of 29.

Pittsey said:
Producer Jellybean Benitez is reportedly the holdup behind Sony’s new album of unreleased music from late rapper Big Pun.

Sources tell the New York Daily News that he is refusing to allow Pun’s songs to be used for the project "because he didn't think of it himself,” a source told the paper.

"Sony owns Big Pun as an artist, but Jellybean owns the publishing rights to many of the songs," says an industry insider. "Sony wants to do another album, but [Benitez] hasn't returned calls. He's playing the game."

Pun, born Christopher Lee Rios, died of a heart attack in 2000 at the age of 29.

this is a dumb question but how the fck does a low level fck like jelly bean benitez owns publishing rights to big pun?

I didn't even know they were planning a new Pun album, hopefully this Jellybean guy will let it happen.

BTW, has anyone heard anything about that Big L album that's supposed to drop this year?

pclvson said:
this is a dumb question but how the fck does a low level fck like jelly bean benitez owns publishing rights to big pun?
i think as a producer since u made the beats you have rights to it? just guessing here.

HellRazor05 said:
I didn't even know they were planning a new Pun album, hopefully this Jellybean guy will let it happen.

BTW, has anyone heard anything about that Big L album that's supposed to drop this year?
Naw, ive been waitin for it since Big Picture dropped.. I read online a interview with DJ Premier and he said he was finishin it up, but the article was dated like 2002 so..... :-/

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.