Jay-Z to perform in 7 cities in 24 hours

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Three days before the Nov. 21st release of his new album Kingdom Come, Jay-Z will embark on an ambitious undertaking – performing seven concerts in seven different U.S. cities…in 17 hours.

Titled The Jay-Z Hangar Tour, Jigga’s plane will take off Nov. 18 and before the day is through arrive at airports in Atlanta; Philadelphia; Washington, DC; New York; Chicago; Los Angeles; and Las Vegas.

The rap mogul will step out of the aircraft and perform a show in each airport hangar. The audience will be made up of contest winners, two of which will get the opportunity to travel with Jay-Z on his private jet on the day of the show.

Cingular, which is sponsoring the jaunt, gives customers with video-capable phones the ability to watch the shows on their devices.

Meanwhile, Jay-Z and Russell Simmons have joined forces to produce a public service announcement aimed at combating anti-Semitism.

The spot features Simmons, who founded Def Jam in 1984 with the company's current President Jay-Z asking viewers: "What's hot? Respect for people. What's not hot? Hating people for their color or religion."

Simmons serves as chairman of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, which aims to foster and develop positive relationships with other ethnic groups. Its president, Rabbi Marc Schneier, introduced the campaign last weekend at the World Jewish Congress Board of Governors meeting in Paris.

The PSA is slated to run in the U.S. in January to coincide with Martin Luther King Jr. day.

SonOf2pac

wow... id want to be there for the third concert... the first two he'll pace himself and it will be a lil boring... his third one will be his prime... after that the rest will be jay-z whining about how he's already done three + concerts and he'll perform at half tank...

The third junt is in D.C., if that is the actual order of course............Unforunately, I have to work like most people in this world, and I didn't win the contest either(nor did I hear about it, probably cause I never listen to the radio).....Otherwise, I'd be there, hahaha...Whatever though, I guess it's a cool thing he's doin.

SonOf2pac

dammit... he needs to postpone it to the 22nd so i can go to the one in DC... i'll be traveling back from college in the late night on tuesday... dangit... that would be tight to see jay...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.