Jay-Z to launch Roc-A-Fella West?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
It's been ten years since Tupac and Dr. Dre dropped "California Love", but the love may finally be coming back to the left coast.

Kanye may not be the only "West' in Roc-A-Fella come 2006, StreetHop.com has received word that Jay-Z is considering starting Roc-A-Fella West under Def Jam. The first artist signed to the label would be Immense, a protege of Kurupt from the Dogg Pound. Jigga has also been scouting other talent in the Bay Area.

2006 is shaping up to be a good year for the west coast, with major releases from Dr. Dre, The Game, Ice Cube, E-40, Yukmouth, Spider Loc, Lil' E, Guerilla Black, Crooked I, Cognito and more.

SonOf2pac

west coast music is dead for a reason... most of the beats are not for radio and do not sell... The Team is doin' it real big over in the bay area but their beats are not west coast enuff... the west will never be on top again because there will never be another Pac

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
west coast music is dead for a reason... most of the beats are not for radio and do not sell... The Team is doin' it real big over in the bay area but their beats are not west coast enuff... the west will never be on top again because there will never be another Pac

dats cuz we on the westside dont release dat many commericial songs. the dirrty south got dat covered right now.

but im happy cuz everytime 50 makes a hit..a piece of it goes to dre.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Dj Dant said:
i think this would be a good idea
money wise..NOT for us on the westside tho. i hate jayz music. hes a goodl lyricist at times..but ive never bought one of his cds.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
Yeah cos Dre's beats are just too damn hard. He needs to learn to make a radio friendly beat. :rolleyes:

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Pittsey said:
Yeah cos Dre's beats are just too damn hard. He needs to learn to make a readio friendly beat.
and his beats cost way to much. up n coming broke ass rappers cant buy his shit for nuthing man.

aymack10 said:
jiggas just tryna make money off the westcoast he dont give a fuck about us
And tell me that every single artist out there is giving their skills away for free.
Obviously everyone is trying to make money to better themselves and the people around them. If you don't think this way you're not gonna get far in life in this society.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Damn, there are some ignorant replies in here.

Jay-Z is a business man. And a very decent 1 at that. Instead of hating on the man, try and apply the practices he uses to your own lives. Maybe you can be 10% succesful and 2% as rich as him.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
AmerikazMost said:
If he gets the West some attention and doesn't try to make the artists something that they're not, I don't see the problem.

THe only problem is the 2pac "fans" that feel they're riding for 2pac. And they have to hate Diddy and the BadBoy camp, or Jay-Z and Chino Xl because Pac did at 1 point.

Evidence of this is available in this thread. It seems 2pac tried to encourage intelligence, but failed.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.