Jay-Z - Show Me What You Got

Casey

Staff member
...your thoughts?

upon first listen, it was mehhh. second listen it was better. the Public enemy/rumpshaker hornz will go over 90% of modern hip hop fans heads, unfortunately.

like the fact that blaze ain't afraid to use live bass and drums, the drum fills towards the end are killer.

if this is the first single, i'm glad jay is taking a risk and not going with the obvious but boring timbo or neptunes club track.

ARon

At first I was like wtf, all i wanna do is a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom, ahha. I liked the beat a lot though actually, Jay was decent i guess, nothing shined for me except the beat really, not doin too much for me to anticipate him droppin more.

the new gay z song is whack tupac has about the best new song out right now.to come back from retirement with a whack song like that he should be assumed of his self.

I'm hoping that maybe it isnt the actual single, just a song that leaked off his album.. But it is pretty radio-friendly so this might be it.. I expected alittle more from Jay since the hook is kinda corny imo.. The beat is ok though.. but that chorus has to go :-/

DRAVEN007 said:
the new gay z song is whack tupac has about the best new song out right now.to come back from retirement with a whack song like that he should be assumed of his self.
lol. the way you type is gay. the way you igorantly type assumed when the correct word is ashamed is gay. the way you didnt even listen to it is gay. the way you think swizz beats generic crap is the best song out now just because it features an edited-up 2pac verse is gay. youre gay?

Militant said:
...your thoughts?

upon first listen, it was mehhh. second listen it was better. the Public enemy/rumpshaker hornz will go over 90% of modern hip hop fans heads, unfortunately.

like the fact that blaze ain't afraid to use live bass and drums, the drum fills towards the end are killer.

if this is the first single, i'm glad jay is taking a risk and not going with the obvious but boring timbo or neptunes club track.

yup it uses all live instruments..............compared to what's out their from the south on rap...with that girls gone wild.....this is a refreshing sound for rap and hip hop in general............im feeling this track

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.