Jay-Z says being Def Jam prez is 'not about money'

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
Despite numerous reports and rumors over the past week in regard to Jay-Z's contract as Def Jam Prez coming up and him asking for a sizable salary, the entrepreneur and rapper says it's not about the money.

Via a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jay-Z made it clear he's not worried about the money, but rather about the future of the music business and how he can contribute.

"It's not about money," he said. "That's really the last thing. Of course, as a person that does these type of things and puts his heart and soul into it -- and it's effective, as the Grammy's would indicate -- you want to be compensated for what you do. But it's really not about money. It's really about the future of the music business, and not wasting anyone's time. I don't ever want to sit in a seat just to sit in a seat. I could be off doing something else that's beneficial to the future of the music business as well as myself. So it's not about money! I mean, you couldn't pay me enough."

According to Jay, a recent report from the New York Daily News, which said that his contract negotiations with Def Jam were at a standstill because of his big demands, is not true. But as far as him still holding the position in the coming new year, he just isn't sure.

"Yeah, I think -- I don't know. Let me not even say that. I don't know. We'll see how it goes," he admitted.

He did say they were close to coming to an agreement, which should be known within the next couple of weeks.

During the rest of the interview, Jay speaks on the numerous Grammy nominations his label, Def Jam, has garnered and how he feels about them.

The full interview can be read at EW.com.

source: ballerstatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.