Jay-Z responds to Cam'ron

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Def Jam president Jay-Z has finally responded to the out-of-the-blue attacks thrown his way from rapper Cam’ron, who was signed to his Roc-A-Fella label in 2002.

“My thing is, it's such an obvious ploy for attention and to get people to talk about it and for [Cam to] sell albums,” Jay told MTV Tuesday, adding he has never had a beef with Cam that he knew of, but admitted that the two never really bonded when Cam was on Roc-A-Fella.

As previously reported, Cam disses Jay in his new underground track “You Got It” and was scheduled to hold a press conference Wednesday to discuss the origin of the beef, among other things. In a cover story for the March issue of XXL magazine, Cam says his problems with Hov arose after Jay-Z discovered plans to appoint him as the president of Roc-A-Fella. Cam left the label in 2004 and is currently working on his new album Killa Season, due out later this year.

When asked if he would give Cam what he wants – a response on wax – Jigga told MTV: “I'm torn. I feel like I would be stupid to even pay that any attention, because it's such a ploy. ... Niggas is holding press conferences behind [the dis record]. The MC in me is like, 'That's too easy [to come back at him.]' That's not even a good dis record. That shit is trash. I'm torn. We'll see what happens. Maybe on my time we'll deal with it, but I'm not really pressed. I'm inspired by good artistic shit. Cam's shit is not artistic. There's nothing good about it. Everything about it is an obvious ploy to get attention. Nobody wants to get used. You're just using me. Of course he had to go that far.”

ArtsyGirl

I agree with what he said bout press confrences.. What is that all about? Since when did rappers need to report on shit they said in a song? lol Also Jay wasnt the only decision maker on the Roc Dame probably had a thing for Cam.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.