Jay-Z releasing new album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The man who often calls himself Jehovah has reportedly taken his God complex a step further.

Word has it that retired rapper Jay-Z, a.k.a. Young Hov, will come out of retirement to release a brand new album in November called Kingdom Come.

The Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam set, which would be the mogul’s first studio album since announcing his retirement from recording in 2003, is expected to feature production from Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Kanye West and Coldplay's Chris Martin.

In July, Pharrell Williams told news sources the Neptunes are also producing tracks for the new project. Recent MTV Video Vanguard winner Hype Williams will reportedly direct the video for the first single, which is said to be "Show Me What You Got."

Born Shawn Carter in Brooklyn, NY, Jay-Z is currently in the midst of an international tour to raise awareness about the world's water crisis, which will be chronicled in an MTV special debuting Nov. 24. The trek stops in Amsterdam tonight.

Retired in 03? Yeah right... I wish he would retire, he has like 5 hot tracks out of all his CD's put together. He hasn't even retired long enough to play a game of golf or somethin, hes always tryin 2 keep beef goin wit game for a reason to stay in hip hop, then doin songs with beyonce, and all kinds of other stuff.
wish he would give up already, somebody needs to kick his cane out from under his hand and maybe he will break a hip or something.

Production by Chris Martin of Coldplay? :confused:
Aint it's possible you got the wrong Chris Martin there, cause DJ Premiers real name is also Chris Martin....

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DutchPac2 said:
Aint it's possible you got the wrong Chris Martin there, cause DJ Premiers real name is also Chris Martin....

Possibly. But I didn't write this. I just submitted it.

EIB

I just tried to get into Jay recently, since so many so called knowledgable hip hop heads say hes the greatest, and well.. thats bullshit, i got reasonable doubt and blueprint, that is some self centered rhyme scheme he has, a lot of boasting, and talk about hustling, he delivers with style, he has some sick production, but this guy has one fucked up attitude, this album needs to flop to humble him.

DutchPac2 said:
Jay-Z has showed love to Cold Play in the past, I wouldn't doubt if it was them. Also, most likely they wouldn't refer to Premier by his legal name.

Tekneek said:
Jay-Z has showed love to Cold Play in the past, I wouldn't doubt if it was them. Also, most likely they wouldn't refer to Premier by his legal name.
I know Kanye did a song with them, and it's possible Jay did it too offcourse. I just don't see Chris Martin producing a Jya-z track.
Anyway, looking forward to this, hope it's at the same level as The Blueprint and The Black Album. And especially the production. Without that, Jay aint nothin. He's got a gift though to pick the right tracks.

No one ever retires now, we learned that with Jordan, kind of twice, no Jay-Z. I can see Tupac's "Last Album" won't be the last. There will be one with "the lost tapes" or "the lost songs." Lol I mean how can it be lost, just say it was unreleased. Novemeber sounds like a great month.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.