Jay-Z Quote in new XXL

I was surfin the net and caught this quote Jay has in the new XXL bout D.O.A....

http://i30.tinypic.com/2qvfpr9.jpg

CRITICISM OF “D.O.A.”

“I’m not hating on young people. Like, when people say that, I’m like, What are you talking about? It’s just stupid. I’m not hating on young people… I’m not Bill Russell, [saying] Michael Jordan ain’t shit. I’m saying Lil Wayne and Kanye are like LeBron and Kobe. My job as someone at the forefront of the game is to leave it in a better position than when I came in. Same way that Russell [Simmons] left it to me. ’Cause this thing saved my life. Literally. So I have a responsibility to it karmically. And after that it’s on you. I did my part. I made ‘D.O.A.’ I said it. I made the statement. I made the push. Here, y’all take it from here.”

^^^ That was a big statement, and I think its warranted. Jay's shifting the game over a little bit so younger artists can realize that Autotune aint the shit, and change up their style and come harder..

props to Jay...

roaches

What he said is completely hollow. He went from "this ain't sing-alongs" and "my raps often don't have melodies" to a song heavily showcasing a pitch-corrected (using Autotune) Rihanna.

Autotune as a fad was on its last legs anyway. This washed-up irrelevant has-been got a good beat and a sticky concept that he didn't adhere to in his lazy songwriting. Stop believing rappers' bullshit.

ill-matic

^ agreed.

I always try to give Jigga the benefit of the doubt (hehe), but he has had too many shortcomings lately. Everything fell apart after the Black Album...since then he's been lazy, and isnt putting effort into anything.

i had high hopes for BP3 but so far its absolute shit.

I agree that Jay is overrated. MTV voted him best MC of all time because "Since Pac and Biggie passed away, Hov has been number one."
Then that means he would be number three all time, and that's even wrong.
Fuck Jay Z.

kastro

man i dont know why many ppl dont like nas or jay that much i mean there both alright, am i the only one that thinks there not overrated??

jay is still one of the best to do it. and at the end of the day every rapper was either overrated or underated from krs to pac to jay nas big to rae.. all them dudes to the undergrounders with cult fan bases have

masta247

Staff member
Personally I think that Jay-Z is the most, incredibly overrated rapper of all time. And I mean terribly overrated even more than Biggie. I dislike almost everything about Jay-Z except of some featurings on his tracks. His tracks are only not bad when he's not rapping. I think that placing him on a similar level to Nas is a disgrace. Sofi hates me for saying this :(

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.