Jay Z pops a Cherry; does business with slave traders

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
In an effort to further expand his brand crossing product endorsing business portfolio, Jay Z is teaming with Coca-Cola to relaunch their Cherry Coke brand.

Personally as a fan of the drink this is the best thing Jigga has done since stepping into the role of Hip-Hop ambassador to the world of the rich and famous business elite. Hov also recently teamed up with GM for the Denali SUV.

In other news TMZ.com is reporting that Barclays Bank, which is paying $400 million over 20 years for naming rights for Jay Z's new New Jersey Nets Brooklyn arena, was built on profits from the slave trade.

Apparently the founding family of the British bank profited from the ownership of slaves in the 18th century as well as being involved in controversial dealings with the South African government throughout the 1980s.

A representative for Barclays responded to the reports by releasing a statment saying the banks slave-trade past should be understood in the context of history and that Barclays will also be spending $2.5 million on enhancing basketball courts all over Brooklyn.

Jay, along with real estate developer Bruce Ratner and several other partners, bought the New Jersey Nets in 2004 for $300 million and plan to have the team moved and ready in Brooklyn by the 2009 NBA season.

FroDawgg

Pittsey said:
Cherry Coke... Nah... Work on getting Cherry 7-Up back in the shops!!!
pitt, i don't know where you're from, but cherry 7-up is still in the states, at least in VA it is. great drink!

bring back crystal pepsi!

FroDawgg

IversonPac said:
what the hell is a crystal pepsi?
crystal pepsi was a short-lived drink in the early '90s. it was basically just clear pepsi, with a slightly different taste. apparently i was the only person who liked it...everyone i mention it to looks at me in disgust. the commercial had the van halen song, "right now".

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.