Jay Z Name Change

Shot 21

Cant see it anywhere else so I will tell you. It was on the radio earlier that Jay Z has dropped the name that everyone associates with him and whats to simply be called Shawn Carter now.

Discuss.

I remember when Jay very first retired, there was speculation that he would change his name to Shawn Carter so that it would seem that Jay-Z really did retire, but Shawn Carter would be a total new artist. Kinda like a different side of him (e.i. 2pac, Makaveli)

Tito

Game was on the radio this morning talking about he is droppint the moniker "Hurricane Game" out of respect to the victims down in New Orleans.

HellRazor05 said:
Jigga, Jigga Man, Hova, Jay-Z, J-Hov, Shawn Carter, motherfucker's worst than Diddy lol.
god mc jay-hova lol.

depends what he gonna stand for now tho, is he gonna be jay-zs character under a different name...... or is he gonna kanye west himself ?

Confucius87 said:
I remember when Jay very first retired, there was speculation that he would change his name to Shawn Carter so that it would seem that Jay-Z really did retire, but Shawn Carter would be a total new artist. Kinda like a different side of him (e.i. 2pac, Makaveli)

i.e.

Anyway, I don't know how you can change a name back to what it was.... Billy Johnson to Billy Johnson? Maybe I'm just not hip anymore.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online