Jay Z Keeps Losing

Hallbanger said:
lol jim jones is a fag. is he trying to say dipset sells more records than jay? or is he just talking about like the young gunz or some bullshit?
Hes saying that the dip set artists sold more than all the other artists except kanye. Which is half true.

roaches

Hes saying that the dip set artists sold more than all the other artists except kanye. Which is half true.
Ignoring Jay-Z, Cam'ron, and Kanye West (aka the crossover stars), the Diplomats had one record go gold (a double album). Beanie Sigel has a gold record. Memphis Bleek has two gold records.

That leaves us with mixtapes and independent releases. I doubt any signifcant numbers outside of the Philly area bought Freeway's Ice City shit or Peedi Crakk's mixtape. Beanie Sigel's mixtape with Green Lantern was hot up and down the east coast, I can't really speak for the rest of the country. The Diplomats have a loyal following among Internet kids and indie rock fetishists. There's still no real way to measure those sales - you'd have to find every bootlegger who bought a master from whoever distributed the release. Then you add up all the mixtape-selling websites. Then you find the kids who download the album and sell it on the street. Then you gotta find the non-English-speaking motherfuckers in bodegas and mom-and-pops and with blankets on the street (and you know they aren't keeping track of that shit, only thing Babtunde knows is whether he can keep the lights on and condensed milk in his tea and that the IRS can't get shit from him) and find out how many they sold. And it goes on. It's impossible.

Cam'ron's got laundromats and property. It's obvious he's paid. I'm sure Juelz, .40 Cal, Hell Rell, and JR Writer are also living middle-class / ghetto fabulous lifestyles. Jim Jones is probably living almost as well as Cam'ron, and he's got the Warner Bros gig. The Diplomats are satisfied.

The Roc-a-fella artists are probably satisfied, too. Bleek has a nice house and the nicest Honda Accord you can get. Kanye's obviously well-off from beatmaking, posing for Playgirl, whatever. It's a known fact that Roc-a-wear money was being used to subsidize Beanie Sigel's, Freeway's, and the other State Property kids' lifestyles. Both crews are obviously being taken care of through their loyalty to the popular guy at the front.

I don't understand why the heads of these cliques keep throwing darts at each other.

Jim Jones meant that every artist in Diplomats(Cam'Ron, Juelz, himself, not to mention the Diplomats albums themselves) add up to more records sold than any artist on Roc A Fella (with the exception of Jay-Z, Kanye, [Cam counts towards the Dipset total], and Dj Clue).Which is true.Come Home With Me, certified Platinum.Diplomatic Immunity, certified Platinum.Then add the On My Way To Church, the Juelz album, and Diplomatic Immunity 2 and you got Platinum and some change.
Nobody from Roc A Fella has been able to go platinum, [of course other than Jay-Z,Dj Clue,Cam'Ron, & Kanye].

Your right, hes just trying to stir shit

but short of anything Kanye will outsell them over and over... and if Jay decided to drop an album, hed do the same.

Atleast the ROC is trying to give ooportunities to others flop or not. I know more ppl who bought the yung gunz album then jim jones and im talking both bootleg and rtail

hahaha, how is he losing? Who did he lose to? He's the president of DEF JAM. There is nothing else he needs to prove. Jim Jones should do a history lesson on Def Jam and he might realize that he would still be living in his moms house if it weren't for Def Jam.

The President of Def Jam losing? Seriously?

ARon

roaches said:
The Roc-a-fella artists are probably satisfied, too. Bleek has a nice house and the nicest Honda Accord you can get.
For some reason, i can't stop laughing.

But any of em on either said is well off.

roaches

Jim Jones meant that every artist in Diplomats(Cam'Ron, Juelz, himself, not to mention the Diplomats albums themselves) add up to more records sold than any artist on Roc A Fella (with the exception of Jay-Z, Kanye, [Cam counts towards the Dipset total], and Dj Clue).
So if you add up everything the entire CLIQUE sold, a single Roc-a-fella artist can't measure up. Why is that something to brag about?

For some reason, i can't stop laughing.
He said it himself on Rap City. "Rappers need to be more honest....... MEMPHIS BLEEK DRIVES A HONDA ACCORD." He was really proud.

I bet he gets to drive nicer cars all the time, though, when he's parking them or taking them to the car wash for Jay.

C'mon Roaches, Jim Jones said it not me.We all know Jim Jones isnt entirely there half of the time.But yea Bleek must be living the life.Gets to stay at Jay-Z's house when Hov's outta town, drives all of Hov's whips(when he's driving Jigga around of course), and Jigga even put him on his will(knowing that Bleek will never be a hot commodity).

What about "Bleek could be one hit away his whole career, as long as I'm alive he's a millionaire." I'm sure he's driving more than a POS Honda Accord.

2pacnbiggie said:
^^ the sales of tierra marie, bleek, young gunz, and pretty much everything hes released from rocafella show that hes losing
all 3 of those artists had solid albums.. especially bleek..

BUT.. since we're judging people's talent by sales.. i guess Nelly, Chingy and Missy Elliott and the best rappers around huh?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.