Jay-Z confirms he has left Def Jam

Caesar

Staff member
Rumors have been flying wild recently that Jay-Z has left Def Jam, the label that made him an artist and a president.

Jay reached out to RapRadar.com, the site owned by YN, one time editor of XXL, to let fans know what the story is.

"I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and LA Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience and I respect them immensely. I've been in the family for almost my entire career.

Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique "negotiations" ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end..

I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music."

YN: What is this coin toss about?

Hov: That takes a phone conversation, I'll save it for our interview... classic.

Shadows

Apparently Brett Favre and Jay Z have beef. Favre likes to think he is orignal but Jay Z and his followers think otherwise.

"I see you jocking Jay Z, jocking Jay Z, jocking jocking jocking Jay Z. jocking Jay Z"

He will go back or something. Every artist needs to keep doing the same things these days to keep their name out.

Jay Z = Retiring again...
50 Cent = Beef....
Eminem = Slim Shady...

This is why rap is getting old.

:/

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.