Jay Z - A Billie

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
too many people have gone into this track though, i don't know. Why? its such a shit beat. I will say that i thoroughly digged when Corey Gunz jumped on the shit. Damn, dude is underrated.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's a shitty beat to the ears, but it's a ego-booster if you can flow on it. The only reason Weezy did the song is because so he could show off how killer his flow is. The song has nothign to do with being listenable or lyrics, but if you can flow on it.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
^ i get you, but at the same time i don't. I feel like Weezy tried to make masterpiece outta C3 but just couldn't cut it, too many beats where he thought he could spit his shit over...they were just horrible though

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to know what goes on in his mind. From what I've realized, he tried to do his usual thing, but in unusual ways. If that makes sense. For example, Let the beat build is a song just about that, flowing on the beat that keeps building, a poor man's rising crescendo a la Ravel's Bolero. But, the beat fails in being that. The only good part of the song is the last minute.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.