Jam Master Jay's mom harbours bad feelings for Darryl McDaniels

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
There appears to be friction between Darryl "DMC" McDaniels and the mother of his late Run DMC cohort, Jason "Jam Master Jay" Mizell.

According to the New York Post, Connie Mizell made her feelings known Friday night at the Berklee Performance Center in Boston, where DMC showed up to give a posthumous "Milestones" award to JMJ.

According to a source, Mizell said, "Since Jason's death four years ago, this is the first time I've seen D." She then insinuated McDaniels used Jay's death for profit and sarcastically added, "Oh, but Jason and D were best friends!"

Jam Master Jay's mum harbours bad feelings for Darryl McDaniels

I didn't know that he's so crooked. But, things like this are regular in this World. I experienced that already.

troublesome2004 said:
I didn't know that he's so crooked. But, things like this are regular in this World. I experienced that already.
I think this is funny. DMC doesn't owe his family anything. I've had best friends before taht I've run with that were like my brother for 10 years, and if they passed or were killed, I would not keep in touch with the family because I didn't feel comfortable enough with them.

Lady... he was friends with YOUR SON... not you... not your husband, not your daughter or cousin... YOUR SON... he's gone... and if DMC, for whatever reason, doesn't feel the need to keep contact with you... he shouldn't feel obligated.

Bam_Margera said:
I think this is funny. DMC doesn't owe his family anything. I've had best friends before taht I've run with that were like my brother for 10 years, and if they passed or were killed, I would not keep in touch with the family because I didn't feel comfortable enough with them.

Lady... he was friends with YOUR SON... not you... not your husband, not your daughter or cousin... YOUR SON... he's gone... and if DMC, for whatever reason, doesn't feel the need to keep contact with you... he shouldn't feel obligated.
Listen to yourself. Where is loyalty or commiseration there?

troublesome2004 said:
Listen to yourself. Where is loyalty or commiseration there?
What loyalty? Your loyalty was to your friend, who is now deceased.

Just because you're friend dies, you don't owe it to the family to "stay in touch"... what if you weren't that comfortable with the family? What if you had nothing in common with the rest of the family outside of your friendship with their relative?

Bam_Margera said:
What loyalty? Your loyalty was to your friend, who is now deceased.

Just because you're friend dies, you don't owe it to the family to "stay in touch"... what if you weren't that comfortable with the family? What if you had nothing in common with the rest of the family outside of your friendship with their relative?
It could be hard if it's like that. But, we see that JMJ mum actually expected some sort of backing from DMC. Probably, they were on good relations.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Meyer Lansky said:
I'm English man. The language you are talking. Who is likely to spell it the correct way? But seeing as how Run DMC are from the US. I will change it. :)

Jeremy

Pittsey said:
I'm English man. The language you are talking. Who is likely to spell it the correct way? But seeing as how Run DMC are from the US. I will change it. :)
;) ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.