Jam Master Jay's Business Partner Discredits New Documentary About DJ's Murder

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
With recent news of the release of an upcoming documentary surrounding Jam Master Jay's (JMJ) death, called Two Turntables And A Microphone, the late Run DMC member's business partner has stepped forward to address its validity.

Randy Allen, JMJ's friend and business partner, released a statement saying the upcoming film, produced by the late DJ's cousin Phonz, isn't "all together accurate."

"It is my belief that the unsolved murder aspect of this documentary are not all together accurate and are misleading," Allen said in a statement.

Allen continues to express his concerns about the film potentially harming the ongoing investigation into his murder and derailing its direction.

"Early clips of this documentary, which were shown to my management accidentally, appear to actually have a negative and reverse affect on solving Jay's case," he says. "It does nothing but put out more hearsay, rumors and speculation by those not involved with the investigation, therefore causing more confusion and throwing an open case off course and set it back years."

JMJ's former partner also questioned some of the content of the actual documentary, pointing out that they probably weren't able to obtain vital information that should have been included to make it relevant to the murder.

"When Guy Logan, [the] producer of this documentary, reached out to us at the J.A.M. Awards. Calls were returned, but to no avail," Allen explained. "How can one do a documentary inclusive of the murder investigation and not include or get statements from anyone there on the night of? The police are not giving statements, so where is their information coming from?"

Despite Randy Allen's concerns, JMJ's cousin Phonz told us that the documentary isn't entirely about the legendary hip-hop icon's murder, but also celebrates his life and career in the genre.

"We celebrating his life. We celebrate what Jay has done for hip-hop and this industry, as well as dive into his murder," Phonz told BallerStatus.com in early February.

"I was born and raised with Jam Master Jay and Run DMC, traveled around the world with him and now we doing this movie. I created the movie to be like a tribute, man, just to tell who Jam Master Jay was," he continued.

Two Turntables And A Microphone premiered last week at The Writers Guild Theater in Beverly Hills, California. It drew celebrities such as Rev. Run, Yo-Yo, Onyx, and Ice-T and Coco.

At press time, there is no word as to when the film will be released to the public.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.