Jadakiss Changes Album Title Due To Pressure From Retailers

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Jadakiss had to succumb to an album title change after retailers offered negative feedback for the title of his upcoming solo album. Initially titled Kiss My Ass, the New York rapper has now officially changed the title to The Last Kiss.

"I had to change the name of my album. Kiss My Ass wasn't testing well at retail," the rapper explained in a recent interview conducted by video show, The Best Of Both Offices. "Not even with the exclamations or none of that. So we had to switch it to The Last Kiss."

With the change, some people felt it was a subtle way of the rapper revealing that it was his last album, and that he may retire. However, Jada was quick to deny the possibility.

"Some people asked me is it my last album. Nah, it's just ... the first album was Kiss The Game Goodbye, the second one was The Kiss of Death, so this one was The Last Kiss," said the rapper. "It's the closing of a trilogy. It's the last time I'm going to name one of my albums, it's the last time 'Kiss' is going to be in the album titles. This is why this is The Last Kiss."

Jada revealed that he's two songs away from completing the forthcoming album, and recently finished a new track with Young Jeezy.

He also explained that he hasn't fully scrapped the Kiss My Ass title, and now plans to use it for a new mixtape that is expected to hit the streets before the official album's release.

The Last Kiss is slated to hit stores December 9 on Def Jam Records.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.