Jacob The Jewler Slapped With 30 Month Sentence For Lying To Feds

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
New York based jeweler Jacob Arabov, well known in the hip-hop community as "Jacob The Jeweler," was sentenced to 30 months in prison yesterday (June 24) for lying to federal agents.

As reported earlier, Jacob was indicted in Detroit in 2007 for helping the Black Mafia Family (BMF), an Atlanta based gang, launder over $270 million in drug money.

In November 2007 as a part of a plea deal, Jacob would plead guilty to providing false documents and false statements to federal agents who were investigating the Black Mafia Family drug gang.

The money laundering charges against Jacob would be dropped and the famed jeweler would agree to forfeit $2 million.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Judge Avern Cohn sentenced Jacob to 30 months in prison and slapped him with a $50,000 fine on Tuesday.

Jacob would apologize to the court and his family.

"I feel ashamed that I broke the law," Jacob said. "I'll carry that shame for the rest of my life."

Source: Sixshot.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.