Ja Rule Pleads Guilty

Anyway Ja Rule pleased guilty for an assualt in Toronto from last year. Ja Rule is fine 1500, as he was leaving court he made comment, and went inside the wrong car lol. He quickly got out and laughed.

This article is from yesterday

Ja may not Rule in Toronto courtroom
2005-03-06 08:24:45 [GTA]
Ja Rule's career may be in a slump, but he is scheduled to begin a starring role in a Toronto courtroom tomorrow. The New York native is supposed to be on his way here from Australia, after headlining the Roc Tha Block Tour in Melbourne last night. He faces a charge of assault causing bodily harm, Ashante Infantry reports.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...tar/Utilities/JavaSearch&searchstring=ja+rule

Taking The Rap

“I want to apologize to the city of Toronto”.

Those are the not-so-rhythmic words of rapper Ja Rule, after he emerged from a local courtroom on Monday.

The musician pled guilty to assault, after an altercation at the La Rouge nightclub last June.

The entertainer, born Jeffrey Atkins, took offence when the crowd recognized him and began taunting him over his feud with fellow artist 50 Cent. That’s when the 29-year-old New York native threw a punch in anger, an action he now regrets.

"You'll pay a price for this ... by the publicity that will flow out of this," warned Justice W.P. Bassel. "He is a role model, looked up to by many people. Clearly what Mr. Atkins did was wrong ... He has taken responsibility."

After the proceeding the rapper was repentant and grateful for the light sentence.

“I want to thank the judge for dealing with the case as he did. I pled guilty … and as the judge said, I stepped up to the plate today.”

The courtroom was packed with fans, but Atkins doesn't feel Toronto treated him badly, despite his legal trouble.

“As artists we go through different things, you know,” he reveals. “Sometimes people can be provoked ... and I think the judge understood my situation. Not saying that I was right in what I have done but he understood my situation as well, and I apologize once again to the city of Toronto.”

The judge called the incident a ‘one time event’ and doesn’t expect the rapper will have any more trouble in T.O. He apologized for the "disgraceful" actions of the crowd that night, calling them an "embarrassment" for the city.

The singer has good reason to be relieved – he originally faced a count of assault causing bodily harm that could have resulted in jail time.

The Crown had also been asking for a $1,500 penalty and a 10-year ban on owning weapons, but Rule got off with only a $150 fine.

here is the link to the VIDEO
http://www.pulse24.com/In_The_Raw/Raw_Video/20050307-002/Video-5-2.asx

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.