J-Zone - Pimps Don't Pay Taxes

If you havent heard this album I highly recommend it.

'Pimps Don't Pay Taxes' is a creative stab at experimental hip hop by an artist many consider to be one of the hottest properties on the underground scene. Orginally released in 2002, the album is laced with finely crafted yet inventine and refreshing beats which compliment the ferocious delivery and satire enthused rhymes.

Anyone who is aware of J will know his albums consistantly encompass a proverbial melting pot of creative flurries, enjoyable samples (no one else can utilise accordians and violins better in the genre) excellent flows and witty rhymeplay...you even get a little lucy liu obsessiveness to boot.

My personal favourites from the album is the excellent 'Zone for President' or equally as impressive but somewhat lude 'Stroke Happy', also check out the funky piano loop and drum mish mash on '190'...

I;d be interested to know if anyone else has listened to the album and what do you think?

On the same note if your a fan of good hip hop you should pick up The Bo$$ Hog Barbarian$ group project with longtime collaborator Celph Titled 'Every Hog Has It's Day'. Already one of my favourite albums of the year thus far and definately pure fire.

"Def Jam won't sign me, they just hating this shit /
Sony won't sign me cuz they think I'm a satanist/
and Atlantic told me that I wouldn't make em no cheddar/
but Jive called me back, they need another child molester"
- Steady Smobbin

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.