J Dilla - The Shining

Preach

i actually haven't heard it yet. it's downloading as we speak, should be done in not too long, so i'll have a listen. i haven't checked out any of j dilla's stuff but i've heard so much good about it. are you feeling it, pittsey? :)

I'm enjoying this album, i expected it to be good. Listening to it makes me realise even more the talent that has been lost. Its great that his production back catalogue to so large , his music will live on.
I hope people go out and buy this album upon its release to support dilla's family and charitys.

'So Far To Go' FEAT Common & D'angelo is the tune i am liking most at the moment.:thumb:

ARon

I kind of wich it was longer too, but I read it was like 90% done when he passed so its not like there would be anything more.

I'm lovin this though, I havent stopped listenin to it for a couple days.

On the first track is that Attack of the Bees or something?

01 Geek Down (featuring Busta Rhymes)
02 E=MC” (featuring Common)
03 Love Jones
04 Love (featuring Pharoahe Monch)
05 Baby (featuring Madlib & Guilty Simpson)
06 So Far So Good (featuring Common & D'Angelo)
07 Jungle Love (featuring MED & Guilty Simpson)
08 Over The Breaks
09 Body Movin' (featuring J. Rocc & Karriem Riggins)
10 Dime Piece (Remix featuring Dwele)
11 Love Movin' (featuring Black Thought)
12 Won't Do

I like the fact that Karriem Riggins has shown rumination through his selection of appearances on the album. In his position, I’m sure it was probably a tempting idea to cram the disc with dudes that Dee never worked with but ultimately he has remained true to his friend without compromising the eminence of his work.

I haven’t yet had a chance to listen to the whole joint but I’m suitably impressed with what I have heard considering I didn’t really know what to expect in the first place.

roaches

In his position, I’m sure it was probably a tempting idea to cram the disc with dudes that Dee never worked with
It probably would've been for anyone else, but Karriem Riggins and the rest of the Soulquarian set practically worshipped J Dilla. If The Shining consisted of recorded demos of alternating grunts, clicks, and whistles for Dilla to remind himself where to position the kicks, snares, and hi-hats in his beats, they probably would've been mastered and released as is to preserve his vision.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.