Isn't it funny how some of the best emcee's at the moment have label drama?

7 Syns

I was just thinking to myself, it seems the better emcee's in the game with all their skills and attributes always get screwed over with their label situations.

Crooked I, Ras Kass, Joe Budden, Redman and there's a few others in the same situation.

peace.

C.R.Y.

yeah, its pretty fucked up. its kinda like the saying, the good die young. the good emcees dont get the chance to live in the limelight, but the bad ones get all the attention

ARon

Probably because labels dont think that shit will sell, fuck the music its about money. Its funny but at the same time sad.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
main stream aimed at younger kids, club music etc, why would interscope for example want a rapper with amazing lyrics, flow when nobody would buy there records.
its unfair how skill is not rewarded, well not as rewarded as mainstream rap.

Big Flipp

crooked I should have never stayed on death row for as long as he did. That killed his career before it started. Never expect to see him do anything big. He blew his chance.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Big Flipp said:
crooked I should have never stayed on death row for as long as he did. That killed his career before it started. Never expect to see him do anything big. He blew his chance.
i totally agree with this one. sad but true.

Rassi kassi isnt signed i dont think. some interview i heard hes after the jail i think he said that he got offers from big time labels including signing with G-unit and when asked whould he signed to them he said you never know. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure it was something like that.

AmerikazMost

~Bachaveli Don~ said:
Rassi kassi isnt signed i dont think. some interview i heard hes after the jail i think he said that he got offers from big time labels including signing with G-unit and when asked whould he signed to them he said you never know. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure it was something like that.
I don't know if you were replying to me, but I was referring to Rakim :)

Tito

7 Syns said:
I was just thinking to myself, it seems the better emcee's in the game with all their skills and attributes always get screwed over with their label situations.

Crooked I, Ras Kass, Joe Budden, Redman and there's a few others in the same situation.

peace.
Funny, none of those guys are the 'best' emcees at the moment.

Either the bad guy or rassi kassi hopefully gets some light in 06 or both of them. not just some light but get it in right place. i rather see them go underground then going mainstream and joining some big gang and have to change their image and music just for the money. but its easy to say that as a fan but for them its not that easy i know because they want money.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.