Is LL Cool J dissing Mase in this song?

ill-matic

* I posted this in the IC

LL Cool J's new song, "We're Gonna Make It" featuring Mary J Blige has this line:

"Word to the masses, I heard God asked us /
For less fake rappers, and mo' real pastors / "

Discuss.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
lmao @ saying he sold out.

LL Cool J has always sang to the ladies. His style hasn't really changed that much. He's blended with the years of rap that have gone by.

Looks like a hit on Ma$e to me. The thing is, if LL really gets into it, he can take on most MC's in a battle.

That could definately be shot to Mase.

I think this was in Mase's book, he was at a church in NY when he said that he decided to give up rapping for ministry, LL Cool J was there that church and looked surprised to hear Mase say that.

And another thing, I go to the Potter's House in Dallas (thats TD Jakes church) and LL Cool J has been there like twice. Everybody might not know this, but he's pretty religious - thats one of the reasons he tone the content of his music down. The last he came which was like two week ago, he gave a real touchy testimony.

What it was is that around the time of In The House's last season, LL was finaicially struggling and they were goin to cancel it, and he was having some problems with Def Jam - everything was sort of going downhill for him. But suddenly, they called the cast back to some more episodes for the season and movie deals started rolling in like crazy - there was more to the story, but Im just no remembering it correctly.

But yeah that line has gotta aimed at Mase...

FlipMo said:
lmao @ saying he sold out.

LL Cool J has always sang to the ladies. His style hasn't really changed that much. He's blended with the years of rap that have gone by.

Looks like a hit on Ma$e to me. The thing is, if LL really gets into it, he can take on most MC's in a battle.
Not to mention, his name means Ladies Love Cool J.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.