Is It True That Styles P's "I'm Black" Is Banned From The Radio?

I got this from the RUMOR section of allhiphop.com

STYLES P’S “I’M BLACK” BANNED?

Why didn’t Styles P’s song “I’m Black” get any burn on the radio. It gets regular rotation on my computer and in my truck, but “The Ghost” is absent from commercial radio. The beat is fire…the lyrics on point…and the message is positive. One dude wrote a story proposing why-because the positive song actually has been banned from commerical radio. Read up on it and lets start supporting our artists that have something to say.

http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?t=120719
If this is true, then it would really be a shame :(

I never listen to the radio. I'm over my sister's house right now. This is the only time I can et on the 'Net because my computer is dead. So some stuff, I'm just now finding out about

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
They rarely play uplifting music on the radio. They bump pure commercial 'bee-bop' type music that gets parties going.

Most of the members at Allhiphop.com's forum are all racists. They'll hate whites for any reason, goes the other way around at times too.. It's all racial there. Just people always bringing up racial conspiracies.

I rarely hear any uplifting music on the radio, espcially when it comes to rap, not even on the stinkin' rap stations. Only thing close to uplifting I've heard was Jay-z's 'Encore'.. lol

It's not "banned" exactly. It's just that in America the target audience is white people. And honestly even the most non-racist white person wouldn't wanna hear I'm Black as much as they hear say Sum 41 or Avril Lavine(sp??) so just let it fade away and continue down the path there headed in. If you request it I'm sure they'd still play it.

Saroya said:
It's not "banned" exactly. It's just that in America the target audience is white people. And honestly even the most non-racist white person wouldn't wanna hear I'm Black as much as they hear say Sum 41 or Avril Lavine(sp??) so just let it fade away and continue down the path there headed in. If you request it I'm sure they'd still play it.
yes its sad.

It seems rappers dont say anything they just rap. 2pac seemed 2 put his career on the line on every interview and he always had something to say. These rappers 2day have nothing 2 say nor do they have a message in any of their songs.

FroDawgg

Saroya said:
not necessarily true...i'm white and hip hop is my first choice. i've never heard the song, but i don't care if it's called i'm black, i'd listen to it in a heartbeat if it's him speaking the truth and about how he feels in his heart. as long as it's real, it's good with me.

Saroya said:
i would probably co-sign that.

but i think that line p slipped in there hurting him

' Even though my skins kind of light
That means my ancestors was raped by somebody white '

maybe ??

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
sniper said:
i would probably co-sign that.

but i think that line p slipped in there hurting him

' Even though my skins kind of light
That means my ancestors was raped by somebody white '

maybe ??

That line probably did start something, but I have my view own views on that line...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.