Is it just me...??

or has the value of mixtapes gone down??? since we got sites like mixtapetorrents.com making mixtapes readily available, and other online forums doing the same, do you really value mixtapes???

i was just on mixtapetorrents, and they have a remastered version of a mixtape by dirty harry....the comment was "remastered to add to your dirty harry collection"...a collection??? no one buys mixtapes, they just dl them....

so i was wondering, am i missing something here?? i dl a mixtape that has only the rappers i like...i dont go by the dj, just the tracklisting....i put it on my ipod...look for good songs...get pissed at songs with good beats that i could bump in my car, but cant cuz kayslay has to say "streetsweepa!!!" every two seconds, and then i delete the album... :confused:

ARon

Some poeple feel like having the newest mixtape is like ahving the newest kicks or something. I dont really care about them most shit is jsut mediocore on mixtapes, mainly DJ this with every artists featured on it. Mixtapes I like are Modd Muzik type shit, one artist doin his thing. Lil Wayne got some tight ones out. Mixtpaes are a chance for artists to do shit they normally wouldnt do so sometimes its cool, but yeah mixtapes aint shit to me really.

I was really into mixtapes before i bought a computer.. Used to buy 3-4 at the gas station a week.. But now that i got a pc I can just DL shit and save my 10 bucks for a pack of smokes..

the way i see it.... artists make mixtapes for promotion, not to make money. they get more of a buzz when their album comes out when they put out hot mixtapes. i dont think artists mind if we dl their mixtapes as long as their retail albums sell.

yeah....i am kinda like that... i have mixtape torrents as an rss feed...so i just click and see if anything's updated on the site, without even visiting the site...and im kinda obsessed with it...so while i do hav a major problem with mixtapes the dj's, i still dl them like crazy if they look good..

one thing...let's say there's a song like, and i wanna bump in my car...but there's a dj at the beginning that says his name real quick, and once more throughout the song...is there some way i can edit the little bastard out? because it's really frustrating to here "dj.......tekniekz" everytime i play the song...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.