is GRODT a classic?

Hellrazor1978 said:
Not a classic, or even a near classic.

6 good songs doesnt make an album a classic. People throw that word around way too much anyway.
^Exactly

Anyway, I do think that GRODT is a good album and very near being great. However, I don't think that we on this board will consider it a classic because we've got Death Certificate, Ready to Die, and The 7 Day Theory sitting in our laps. People in ten years will look back on it and (wrongfully) call it a classic because they'll be sitting on Mike Jones and Paul Wall.

Feel Me?

ARon

In order for an album to be classic it needs two very very broad things, beats and lyrics.
GRODT has good beats thats what makes it listenable, GRODT does not have great or classic lyrics, it is not a classic album, there is more to rap than beats or just whatever is listenable.

ARon

^ I guess I'd understand that, a bunch of nice beats with mediocre lyrics on em.
The only difference really is the sound, GRODT was more "grimey" i guess you could say and The Massacre was kind of, yeah.

ill-matic

It's a decent listen, but by saying it is a classic you are suggesting that it is on par with the likes of Illmatic, Ready to Die, Me Against The World, Criminal Minded, Paid In Full etc etc...which is just not true.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.