is cormega as good as nas

i dont think he is as good as nas but he has written lines for nas, i forgot what it was but its one of his most known lines, he said it back during an interview when they were beefin, but nas seems 2 put more into his songs then mega tho the original testament that came out years ago mega was nasty on, thats jus my opinion

ARon

Wooo what a question, one thing, why would you not mention Illmatic? Then shall we not mention the best work of mega either? I consider true meaning my favorite mega album, well maybe the realness, who knows, i love the guy, better than nas though???
I'd say he could be, maybe, you see so much talent when you listen to him, but nas just seems to be always surprising me, he'll say something im not expectin really. I dont know, this is a tough question for me, these are like my two favorite artists. I'd have to put NaS over Mega, for now, i have a feeling he'll be droppin something that will make the world go wow, much potential, even after already droppin album after album.

I don't think Cormega is as good as Nas but I think he could be.

I must say though, at times I prefer to listen to Cormega because of the reality of his trials & tribulations in comparison to Nas who I think can be described as a bystander.

I always preferred Mega to Nas. I dunno but i also never felt NaS as much as Cormega. Mega has a much better flow, and is lyrically on the same page as nas..also nas released 1 classic and 1 good album..definintely not consistency. All megas albums so far are dope

Casey

Staff member
Depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I would argue Mega is better, and sometimes I would argue Nas is better. Both have released things I have loved, and things I haven't really felt.

I agree with what Calcuo says, Mega definately is realer than Nas, he seems to have been through more personally whereas Nas seems to speak from what he has seen a lot of the time, rather than what he has been through.

"Word on the street is that a .44 can't stop Mega!"

cormega has some really tight shit and nas has some really tight shit but when it comes down to it i cant really make a decision. Because Nas has released a slew of albums which have shown off all of his skills. Cormega on the other hand has only released 3 full length albums, the rest are b-sides compalations etc. So it is hard to say which one is better, but in my opinion cormega is more interesting because i love his voice, the way he puts his words and rhymes together and i love the fact that most of his songs dont even have a hook, they are just 2 or 3 verses then that shit is over. I also like his beats better. Nas is sort of boring as of late, but in the early days he could rip some shit up. so im stuck in the middle, but i lean towards cormega because i like his style and shit
peace

Aristotle said:
one thing, why would you not mention Illmatic? Then shall we not mention the best work of mega either?
na not like that, but i just didnt want people coming in saying "he hasnt dropped an illmatic", which i knew would happen.

nice points though people. i dont think either is better i was just wonderin what the general board members thought of cormega. basicaly there very close

ShArpEnUrSwOrD said:
but in my opinion cormega is more interesting because i love his voice, the way he puts his words and rhymes together and i love the fact that most of his songs dont even have a hook,
:thumb: , i love his voice and flow to

ARon

Word up, im lovin the love mega is getting, the hidden gem in rap it seems. I feel waht your tryin to say grimes "mega hasn't dropped an illmatic", true though, well no one has so yeah. One thing though.

To me its like mega is always rapping about the same stuff, the street life, which im all for. Plus we all know NaS is as good as it comes when it comes to painting vivid pictures of the street. But i want to see more from mega. So. Would you consider NaS to be the more versatile emcee?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.