Interview With Script Shepherd (producer on Eminem's "Recovery")

[youtube]WOPQxZ5Dp8[/youtube]

We got the chance to do a little interview with producer Script Shepherd who produced the track “Cinderella Man” on Eminem’s Recovery album.

We mainly talked about the track and his future plans. Also, check out the shoutout video above.

What up man, how’s it going?

Script: Great..Great Been very fortunate to be awake in this time

Let’s start off with a short introduction. Who are you and where are you from?

Script: My name is Script Shepherd and I am a vessel for music born in Canada and raised in Brooklyn. Being progressive as physically possible and as positive as mentally possible..You know getting for the world to get ready for myself.

Ok, so the reason I am talking to you is because you produced the track “Cinderella Man” on Eminem’s Recovery album. How did that come about?

Script: Chain of events through business acquaintances and my lawyer actually at the end of the day was meeting with Riggs(shady AR) for some business on his own with the National Museum of Hip Hop and an acquaintance of Riggs played this song you know and Riggs loved it and send it to Eminem and Eminem did what he does.

Was the beat made for the lyrics or did the lyrics come after the beat?

Script: The Lyrics were made after the music

What kind of Eminem did you expect to hear on the end result?

Script: Re energized ….focused and heart spitting Eminem and he did that..

What’s your opinion on the whole Recovery album?

Script: Haven’t it all yet but everything I heard is hot

Having a beat on Eminem’s album is definitely a huge deal. What other big name artists have you produced for?

Script: Written compositions writing wise for other artists as far as producer Eminem is my first hurdle first jump.

What’s on the schedule for you in the near future?

Script: Just shows touring…putting songs up to the web from Script Shepherd thats the idea.

What’s the process like when you make a beat?

Script: It varies on the day depending on my mood it might come in ten minutes might come in ten days sometimes it might be a straight guitar song whatever is right for the vibe

What tips can you give to up and coming producers who would love to have their beats featured on a big name album?

Script: Just work hard and when you think you worked hard enough work harder and be smart..

That was the questions I had for you. If there’s anything you want to say to those who are reading this, here’s your chance.

Script: Hey I wanna thank Dashadyspot.com for reaching out to me and allowing my music even know whether it be through Eminem or not to give me the opportunity to express myself on their blog..And I just want to shout out to everybody who is focused on their goal and ready to go get it….Check out digital releases from Capitolscript comin soon to a computer near you.

Thanks for doing this interview with dashadyspot.com.

Via DaShadySpot

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.