Interview: Chino XL - The Pen Is Mightier

It refreshing to find a rapper so articulate and intelligent. It's like he doesn't need to prove he's "gangsta" to try and sell records. He isn't afraid of being himself. Duke's very comfortable in his own shoes. Surely Chino XL is the most purest example of keeping it real in the whole industry?

Amara

cm_millionaire said:
It refreshing to find a rapper so articulate and intelligent.
And a member of Mensa - refreshing, and not to meantion, a damn impressive accomplishment of its own. :thumb:

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
cm_millionaire said:
It refreshing to find a rapper so articulate and intelligent. It's like he doesn't need to prove he's "gangsta" to try and sell records. He isn't afraid of being himself. Duke's very comfortable in his own shoes. Surely Chino XL is the most purest example of keeping it real in the whole industry?
dogg there's plenty of artists like this...:confused:

good interview

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
So Chino's a member of Mensa - though it sounded like he'd never heard of it making me think he can't be that fucking smart then.

Does anyone know a bllpark figure of how much money he makes from rapping?

Surely he could get a well-paying regular job & do the rapping thing part-time.

Maybe he does, just being a member makes me think you'd have a more regular job.

I know Sharon Stone's a member but she maeks big money out the movies whereas I don't think Chino makes all that from CDs & shows.

Then again, he might.

Amara

^ Depends on where your passions lie though, for him it is obviously music. I guess not everyone needs a high flying professional career to acknowledge their own intelligence or lead a satisfying life.

And hey, give him a break, he said he joined right out of high school right? Can't really blame him for not knowing about it then.

Amara said:
Depends on where your passions lie though, for him it is obviously music. I guess not everyone needs a high flying professional career to acknowledge their own intelligence or lead a satisfying life.
Sure, but getting money should be most people's main objective (with family in mind). I know that might sound very capitalistic but I think he'll feel the same if he ever comes to the point where he's broke & the chance at a stable career has passed him by.

Amara said:
And hey, give him a break, he said he joined right out of high school right? Can't really blame him for not knowing about it then.
Yes I can. Are Americans not like 18 when they leave high school?? I suppose he might've dropped out early but still....

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I think you need to check how many Americans are members in comparison to how many Americans are eligible.

It is as 'popular' as anywhere else...
Im sure you would know because i mean you live here.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I'm sure you would know because I mean you are constantly talking to the top intellects of your nation.
The average Joe in America does not have a clue what the fuck mensa is, so that means its not popular.

That is because the 'average Joe' is not intelligent enough to care about his intelligence.

But to say it isn't popular 'over here' is to make out that the intellects of your country aren't as aware of it as the intellects of anywhere else.

It's cool though, I know what you're saying but understand that a quite a few people in the US not only know about MENSA, but are members.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.