International hip-hop

masta247

Staff member
In other words pretty much everything that isn't American.
I enjoy listening to tracks from all around the world. I find it interesting how hip-hop evolved in various countries.

Here in Poland we have a huge hip-hop scene. I have to confess that I dislike most of it but there are artists I enjoy. My favorite local group is probably WWO and I think that no other group I ever heard matches with them lyric-wise.

A few days ago Jedker of WWO released his first single off his new album which was made for fun. It's a hip-pop disco-like album with cachy songs like this:
[YOUTUBE]M99QTBEAxew[/YOUTUBE]

Their tracks are mostly known for great lyrics though. I suppose that most of you don't understand a thing but oh well.
This is their older track which in my opinion is the best hip-hop storytelling track ever:
[YOUTUBE]_if7AU9bxOY[/YOUTUBE]

you can figure a lot from the video.

Actually the hip-hop culture changed a lot in here. Back in the days hip-hop was made by people who tried to look and sound "tough". Now it's mostly for entertainment to listen in you car on in clubs. Something like American hip-hop but keeps it's level slightly higher.

This is what I used to hear a lot back in 2000 or 2001 here:
[YOUTUBE]pCvleKIooMg[/YOUTUBE]

Oh there's also a group from my neighborhood that releases albums that are more "street". Come to think of it it's waay more "street" than anything I have ever heard coming from black people. I used to drink with them a few times when I was 16 or so.
I think I posted their track some time ago but it's it again:
[YOUTUBE]_UVku05qk4E[/YOUTUBE]

Feel free to drop any links to music from your country or foreign music that you enjoy.

You said something that isn't American...So here's some Canadian artist...specifically from Toronto. Some Old school, some new school, and being that Toronto is a very diverse city, you can see how the hip-hop is influenced by artist backgrounds (i.e. reggae vibe, African drums, Indian dhols etc...)

Kardinal Offishall (feat. Jully Black, Allistair, IRS, and Wio-K) - Ol Time Husslin'...dropped around 2001

btw Song starts off already like 30 seconds into the intro in the video if ur wondering why the song jus starts like that lol

[youtube]xvnc_T4ymVI[/youtube]

Rascalz (feat. Barrington Levy & K-OS) - Top of the World...heavy barrington hook laid on this, this man is a LEGEND!...this one dropped in 2000.

[youtube]PL3i7zfSonc[/youtube]

Rascalz (feat. Checkmate, Choclair, Kardinal Offishal, & Thurst)
[youtube]oD1V4kUKGX4[/youtube]

K'Naan - Take A Minute

HIGHLY, HIGHLY underrated artist...
[youtube]DIhm94a-8SE[/youtube]

K'Naan - Somalia

...music that has meaning!!

[youtube]7lCPXEARpE8[/youtube]

...AND if I'm gonna be bigging up artist that are doing big thingz from my city, might as well big up my mans who tryna make it..

Daku & Pacifik aka Tha Indianz - Tha Warning

[youtube]k5A4x-AkbTI[/youtube]

Daku & Pacifik aka Tha Indianz - Trials and Tribulations

[youtube]IAMK6-v9NrU[/youtube]

Pacific - Ghetto Immigrant

[youtube]A7w29YkPAR0[/youtube]

This next artist, I think has such amazing lyrical talent, I felt that he deserved his own post lol...I should've posted this dude in the most underrated rapper thread, but he considers himself a poet lol..so yeah...but check his shit...he drops lyrics on others people's beat...but most of these videos have lyrics with them...LISTEN or READ the lyrics...some deep, deep shit.

Humble The Poet - Voice For The Voiceless

...tribute song to all the people fallen, but not really...First two dudes you see in the song, I grew up with..."macho" violence is the worst.....R.I.P.

[youtube]JZVoVDgc-Og[/youtube]

Humble The Poet - A Milli (Revolution Remix)

...once again, ignore the Lil wayne beat lol, but listen (or read them as they're posted beside the youtube video) to the LYRICS!! ...dude isn't concerned with making a milli

[youtube]w-oM28VgUO8[/youtube]

Humble The Poet - Mz. Understood Re-Up

[youtube]Qa0aTb_qZY0[/youtube]

"Like your favourite artist only speakin cuz they know u hearing
,Its So endearing"

So fucking true about many artist who achieved "OG" status, and now just dropping shit just cause they can lol

Humble The Poet - Open Doors (Daku Collabo)

..sick verse he threw out for a Daku mixtape.

[youtube]YH8_-L9BTP0[/youtube]

CANADA, STAND UP!!

kastro

since we talking about international artists, check this guy out llet me know what u guyz think

the guys name is scribe

Scoobyffc

Nice...i really like worldwide hip hop

Here in Brazil we have a huge hip hop scene, but its mostly underground, as mainstream stays with 3-4 groups and american hip hop...

if you check LimeWire, Youtube you should check:

Sabotage
Marcelo D2 (great artist, mixes samba hip hop funk brazilian popular music)
Racionais MCs (wich I consider the best storytellers in hip hop, str8 ghetto and about 20 years on the road)
Planet Hemp (wich is Marcelo D2 group)

[YOUTUBE]PSooBb4gXu0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PifQRJloKdc[/YOUTUBE]
Old School

[YOUTUBE]Y5xZyUEnNEU[/YOUTUBE]
Ft Will.I.Am

[YOUTUBE]mXFNzWER4gE[/YOUTUBE]
Great Lyrics

Scoobyffc

Sabotage (murdered about 5 years ago)
[YOUTUBE]Zf4q4ylWUbA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Nwcdpjp7Fa4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2oEdRro-tIY[/YOUTUBE]

Scoobyffc

Racionais Mcs and others:

[YOUTUBE]iRURit-i6Fc[/YOUTUBE]
Skip to 1min.

(telling the story of a famous drugdealer "leaving" the prison in an hellicopter)

(weed anthem lol)

[YOUTUBE]KxtWeUCyX6s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]M1i-iGxUz9M[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Scoobyffc

Sorry double post

anyway
The last one, he deserves a single thread

MV BILL

awesome lyrics from club bangers (few of them) to ghuetto and political and social issues, he has a crazy energy,
he reminds me of DMX, besides the crack...lol

check everything under "MV BILL" from youtube and P2P networks

[YOUTUBE]4aq9Z955C-I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xhsbtZK5G8A[/YOUTUBE]

kastro

yeah and there would be threads appearin all over the place, and some of those tracks were aite, really didnt have time to listen to all of them, but will check the rest out later

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.