Inspectah Deck

What do you all think of him? He has always been one of my fav mc's coming with some of the sickest methaphores, unfortunatly he hasnt had much of a solo career. Most of deck's memorable verses are obviously with wu-tang (Triumph, CREAM etc), he is the most under-rated in the group no doubt. He has only had two solo joints released - with one being 'uncontrolled substance' which I liked.

Thoughts???

FroDawgg

i like him. never heard his solo stuff.

thing with the wu is, even with the amount of props they get, i think they are ALL underrated. it's ridiculous how good every member is (except cappadonna, who i don't count anyway).

yeah hes dope, herd hes comming out wit an album with muggz,remember grandmasters with gza, shit was dope, so im thinkin this'll bpretty damn dope.

Deck has a real nice flow. I agree that all the wu members are underrated. And yes, capadona is not in the wu in my mind either. I still respect him but, he is not an official wu member imo.

Cappadonna is not a Wu member period. It's not a matter of opinion, the Wu-Tang Clan was 9 members, and is now 8 with ODB's death. Donna is just an affiliate like hundreds of other motherfuckers lol (but him and Street Life are "closer" to official than anyone imo)

Shot 21 said:
Cappadonna has his pic in the booklet to The W along with the rest of them.
In that time he was recognized by other members as a real member of the group but that didn't take long because he abandoned it following his frustration. He had dispute with some clan members, especially with RZA and soon it was become known that his manager was cooperated with the police in the past. That exposure led to Cappadonna's leaving the camp and clan member claiming he was never part of a group. The RZA removed all of Cappa's verses from the 'Iron Flag' and he was also removed from the album cover art. At the end he was working as a taxi driver in Baltimore and his wife kicked him out of their home.;)

FroDawgg

^^^i heard that he was poor now. so what if his manager cooperated with police? this mentality that obeying and assisting the law is bad is stupid.

FroDawgg said:
^^^i heard that he was poor now. so what if his manager cooperated with police? this mentality that obeying and assisting the law is bad is stupid.

well the Wu I think at the time had some drama with the law during this time too (or least in the past) anyways Cappa was named an official member during that time (thus the no fetauring Cappa as seen in Wu-Tang Forever) I dont like Cappa but to say that, lyricaly, U-God is better one only has to compare Milk the Cow (cappa) to Black Shampoo(U-God)

Besides Cappa has been doing shows with the Wu and is heavily featured on Fishscale (although listed as a member of Theodore Unit)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.