Info on New Ghostface abum

Roc-A-Fella associate Lenny Santiago has given more details surrounding Ghostface Killah's upcoming R&B-based album and cleared initial confusion regarding its content.

Claiming Ghost will still be featured on the project rapping, Lenny S revealed a few guest singers who are slated to make the final cut.

"The new album is called The Wizard of Poetry," Santiago announced in an interview. "It is an R&B album. When I say that, this is what I mean, Ghostface usually raps over melodic, soulful R&B tracks. This time, we came around and I had him rhyme over the same type of tracks, but we matched him with great R&B stars. John Legend is on there. Raheem DeVaughn is on there. Estelle is on there. Musiq Soulchild is on there. Lloyd is on there. We just paired him up. It's the same Ghost, the same gritty host, the same Ghost that talks to the ladies in that soulful voice along with R&B hooks." (MTV)

Ghost recently said the project would be his final contractual release via Def Jam.

"It's my last album so I wanted to do the album I always wanted to do," Ghost explained in an interview. "You gotta tell the fans that you not gettin' no younger here, we gettin' older! And everybody don't sell crack no more, man. I don't sell crack, yo. I ain't movin' no bricks or none of that other sh*t. I ain't shoot nobody in like since the early 90's, man. How long you gonna be 40 years-old and actin' like you still sellin' cracks and you on the block and you doin' this and you doin' that when times is more serious, man" (UnKut)

Reports leaked online last spring about the rapper's R&B album.

Ghostface is coming with a new album (I cant wait for it!). Now I've been sitting on this info for about a week or so and seeing as [Def Jam rep Young] Sav sent the track through, I thought screw it, I'm going to let it out. Ghostface's new album is going to be a little different. It's going to have more of a R&B type sound. You are going to hear the Ghostface that we heard on Beyonce's 'Summertime' Remix or Ne-Yo's 'Back Like That.' From what I understand, the first single will be with Mary J Blige. (Hip Hop Chronicle)

The rapper's last project dropped late last year on Def Jam.

Always prolific, the rapper put out The Big Doe Rehab -- whose release date had originally coincided with Wu-Tang's long-awaited fifth full-length, 8 Diagrams, which RZA agreed to push back a week so as to not coincide with Ghost's effort -- in early December 2007. Ghostface returned in 2008 with a pair of compilations: The Wallabee Champ (rarities and B-sides) and GhostDeini the Great (including remixes, alternate versions, and career highlights). (All Music)

A release date for The Wizard of Poetry has not yet been announced.

THEV1LL4N

i do, but i dont want to see collaborations with estelle (she has become annoying now). never really felt lloyd, and im sure there was a leak featuring ron browz with ghost using autotune (terrible).

gfk and john legend would be good.

I hear what ur sayin'... but when it comes to that RnB/HipHop fusion type shit, nobody on the planet does it better than ghost...

[YOUTUBE]IhnZKybUtPE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f9Wg_Xzki3g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GW4MV6oNwgo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]93at0g_lQyg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XjlVtzUq-sA[/YOUTUBE]

... I heard that auto-tune shit though, that shit was horrible, I hope he cuts that shit out. But I got faith in Ghost, he hasnt made a bad album yet, I dont see him making one now.

peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.